Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S10 Galaxy Calendar Reminders - unable to set multiple reminders

(Topic created on: 20-08-2020 04:38 PM)
ScottishRegent
Apprentice
Options

I just upgraded from an S8 to an S10. My former S8 calendar had the ability to set multiple calendar reminders, i.e. 2 days, 14 hours, 3 hours, 15 mins, etc. on a single calendar entry. It appears my S10 only allows ONE reminder. Is there a way to upgrade the calendar so that I will have the multiple reminders like the S8? thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
williajo502
Journeyman
Options
I'm not sure that you've given permissions to the calendar. If you allow permissions it will work in sync with the reminders app and allow multiple reminders - works really well

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@ScottishRegent: When creating an event, you can set a reminder (default is 10 minutes before, but you can select an alternative, or hit 'Customise'). Below this you should see the option 'Don't Repeat' - tap on this, and customise it to your liking to receive multiple reminders for the same event. 

0 Likes
Solution
williajo502
Journeyman
Options
I'm not sure that you've given permissions to the calendar. If you allow permissions it will work in sync with the reminders app and allow multiple reminders - works really well
ScottishRegent
Apprentice
Options

How do you give permissions to the calendar?

0 Likes
ScottishRegent
Apprentice
Options

I found the permissions settings. All permissions are allowed "no permissions denied". Not sure where to go from here now.

0 Likes
ScottishRegent
Apprentice
Options

sorry for all the replies. I just FOUND the Reminder App! I didn't know about that! I just gave that app full permissions. Now I can add multiple reminders! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

0 Likes
S10Phil
First Poster
Options
I just upsate and then was setting calendar alerts and nitice same, no multiple alerts, + sign missing.
0 Likes
S10Phil
First Poster
Options
Seems no way to back out of update. Probably never get fixed. Will therefore look for an alternative app that will allow data to be transferred from Galaxy calendar app, as doing it manually will be a big faff. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
0 Likes
S10Phil
First Poster
Options
I forgot to add this is related to missing multiple alerts after latest update to galaxy calendar.
0 Likes
S10Phil
First Poster
Options
I checked permissions, and all in place for calendar, as before update.
0 Likes