Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10+ Do not disturb is a JOKE

(Topic created on: 15-12-2019 12:27 PM)
BrowneyzDelta
Apprentice
Options

I truly hate this phone because it would not work with my 2018 Nissan Maxima and now the do not disturb constantly sends notifications. I reset the network, I did a factory reset, end call Samsung but still no solution. I don't have the luxury of being able to just cut my phone off at night because it's my lifeline. I truly believe this occurred on one of the Samsung updates. It seems like every time they do a update to fix one issue it causes another issue. I never got a resolution for how to make the phone work with my car. Samsung should give us all an option to give this phone back. 

4 REPLIES 4
KAK707
Student
Options
Ditto
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Unsure if it'll help, but something I discovered when playing around with an S10 is that some app notifications can be set to ignore DND. E.g Chrome on my UK S10 on One UI 1.1/Android 9:

DND_S10.jpg

Might be worth having a look in Settings > Apps > [click into an app] > Notifications, and checking through the options listed to see if that Notification option is overriding the main DND. If you know which apps are sending notifications through the DND blockade that should narrow down the search too.

0 Likes
BrowneyzDelta
Apprentice
Options

Are you saying that there could be some apps interfering with the DND or make sure that message and phone are turned on? I apologize that I am having a hard time understanding. I went to my apps and I only have a few that are turned on. For example, Ring, Walgreens, etc... Thank you! 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@BrowneyzDelta No worries. :smiling-face: I'm saying that in some cases some apps could be interfering with the DND.

In my example above, if I toggled the 'Ignore Do not Disturb' to 'on', then the Chrome app would be able to show notifications despite whatever I've got set in the main DND settings.

0 Likes