Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+, bluetooth earphones and Galaxy Watch behavior

(Topic created on: 14-08-2021 08:06 PM)
awacsCZE
Pioneer
Options

Hello guys,

I have a weird issue/non issue on my S10+. When I have connected bluetooth headphones and Galaxy Watch, the phone and watch do really weird things while handling the calls. I listen music from Spotify on my phone through BT headphones and when someone calls, I have two options, take it with watch or headphones. When I do that, Watch shows "Check your phone" and give zero info about the call, I can't control it with Watch. Also, the phone's screen lits up in my pocket with call screen, which causes display to get active and touches the buttons on it - disabling BT, muting microphone, causing that I really have to take out the phone out of the pocket. When I switch call to my watch, it can be controlled, but it goes through the watch and not headphones and the phone screen still lits up in the pocket, so no use of that.

Pocket dark protection on didn't work.

Can you please help me how to handle calls normally with these devices? The call screen always visible is utter nonsense deleting the advantages of BT at all.

Thank you very much for help.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I use the following device set up @awacsCZE 

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G.

Connected to this is my Samsung Frontier Watch and my Samsung Galaxy Buds Live.

I have set up incoming calls to automatically connect to my Samsung Buds Live straightway.

This is in the phone's settings.

• Phone App.
  • Tap on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner.
  • Settings.
  • Answering and Ending Calls. 
  • Toggle On Answer Calls Automatically.

I've had zero issues following this route.

If my Buds Live are away then answering on my Gear s3 Frontier Watch is a simple slide to answer on the Watch face.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
awacsCZE
Pioneer
Options

@BandOfBrothers 

Thank you for help. I will test it, although I don't think this will help me. I have no issue with answering the call with my Watch, the call can be answered and it goes to my headphones with no problem. Problem is what happens after - two issues - first, the watch ignore ongoing call completely - not showing possibility to end call, etc. (This is available only when Watch only is connected). And second issue is that S10+ will turn on the screen and show the call screen with no touch lock, so my leg can end call, mute microphone with no problem. 

So with BlueTooth headphones, I have to hold phone in my arm, with headphones in ears and Watch on my wrist. This completely negates the advantage of having bluetooth devices at all.

0 Likes