Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ Black screen locked recover data?

(Topic created on: 18-04-2021 05:25 PM)
stevejd2000
Journeyman
Options
I smashed the screen on my S10, own fault, screen is completely black, not operative, samsung shop plugged it in and screen is showing locked, they say they cannot bypass this suggesting new screen and board at cost of £500+! Does anyone know anyway of getting the pictures, documents off the phone, any programs etc that may help. The phone is a lost cause but some of the photos are irreplaceable. And before anyone asks, no I stupidly didn't back anything up anywhere, any help appreciated.
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
can you usb it to a pc, then use the pc's file explorer to show it as a drive .. then copy the contents to the pc
0 Likes
stevejd2000
Journeyman
Options
Because the phone is locked PC won't recognise/cannot find the phone. They key seems to be the phone has gone into some kind of hard lock mode. It still works and is still switched on. The Samsung guy assures me the data is still there and intact
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Was the s10 set up with fingerprint or number/ password... as mine is fingerprint as 1st option
Was the photos saved on the sd card or to phone ?? As your options are limited if saved to phone
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You can use Find My Mobile to unlock the screen, if you set it up, otherwise you will have to rely on Google Back Up or  One Drive depending on what you set up.

0 Likes
stevejd2000
Journeyman
Options
It was set up with fingerprint. All was Saved to phone
0 Likes
stevejd2000
Journeyman
Options
Find my mobile was set up but the app failed to access phone, make backup or unlock the phone remotely
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Just read that Samsung believes there's mother board damage. This is not good and possibly why Find My Mobile isn't working. Looks like your data is gone, in that case. If the data is important you will need to find someone that will access and recover the data from the chip. This is going to costs a few hundred pounds.

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Well if the phone can actually turn on, then use a physical keyboard to type in your password and unlock it
0 Likes
stevejd2000
Journeyman
Options
It can't be unlocked, the shop accessed the screen but it's unresponsive
0 Likes