Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 battery replacement cost

(Topic created on: 25-04-2021 09:25 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , has anyone had their battery changed in their S10 ??? If so how much did it cost ??? I'm thinking of getting my battery changed mainly because it's now 2 years old , the battery is a shocking 3400mah anyway and it's just not lasting the day , is it possible to get a bigger mah fitted ?? Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
unicornpepper
First Poster
Options
I dont think it is possible to fit a bigger mah in there
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Bugger lol 3400mah is just rubbish !!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Edgie70  pretty sure you would  not  be able to fit bigger battery into the S10.   Are you using optimsation tools?  obviously not the most powerful battery  but good idea not to have maximum brightness constantly, to turn some connections off when not needed and have some apps which are not used a great deal into sleep mode.  Some more ideas in this article, though some may not be appealing  and you still want to have an enjoyable experience with your device.   Personally I am  not a great fan of Dark Mode during the day  https://www.techietech.tech/how-to-fix-samsung-s10-battery-drain-problem/ 

However if still unsatisfied  you may want to get it checked out https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/galaxy-battery/about-battery/ 

If thinking about upgrading at some point the S20 has an  4,000 mAh battery, see analysis of performance here https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s20-review-2083p3.php    Still 4000 on the S21 but 4800 on the Plus and  5,000 on the Ultra.     https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-s21-5g/buy/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for you in-depth reply , I have brightness on 50% , use dark mode on a schedule , during a normal day at work it'll be ok , I've attached screen shot 11 hours 50 minutes on battery and only 1 hour 37 minutes screen on time and it's on 48% , if I'm off work and browsing it's dead by 9.30pm , I don't do any gaming at all and don't watch any YouTube , just browsing and social media ....

Screenshot_20210426-195805_Device care.jpg

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Edgie70  Thanks for confirming, not sure there is a lot more you can really do re optimisation though Always on Display uses some resources.  Have you cleared the cache partition fairly recently or tried any other resets?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks James , I cleared cache last night , currently I'm on 1 hour 30min soc and I'm on 54% during work it mainly sits in my pocket and I check social media a few times , day off though and I check things a bit more and it's dead by 9.30ish 

Screenshot_20210427-193645_Device care.jpg

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Edgie70   Thanks,Certainly not ideal,so seems may be some issue. Though for relatively heavy users a days battery life would be the standard,

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Screenshot_20210428-180621_Device care.jpg

Hi all ( again ) thought I would update , took phone off charge at 9.00 this morning and as you can see I've been doing some browsing and Facebook and I'm currently on 28% with 3 hours 42 minutes sot I know it says 15 hours but I charged it to 99% just before 9am 🙄

Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Hi as you can see a replacement of the battery will cost around 59 pounds if you are in the UK.

You will be fitted an original samsung battery. Fitting a bigger one is not possible since the space is fixed inside the phone and samsung planned the battery to fit the most capacity within safety margins, getting a fake one with the same capacity of the original one or a bigger capacity one (still fake) is a hazard since fake battery ALWAYS last a few months or weeks and are prone to exploding...so I would not risk a fire hazard

Archer_Legend_0-1620143379987.png

Archer