Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 09/03/19 08:03)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
SiggiB
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Having also the drain fun since two days. Before it has been fine. Up to 30% during night. Mobile data, wifi, bluetooth switched off. Android system is the bad guy showing up on the top of energy consumers with 20%.

 

Did the cache partition wipe thing .... will see if it works out.

0 Likes
Reply
AlanB1976
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My battery drain is much better now. I was wrongly looking at the weeks battery drain previously which showed the play services app drawing lots but looking at the daily since flushing caches, much better now. Still have the wake in pocket issue though....  Grrrr

0 Likes
Reply
Bianconeri145
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

same here  Jasonjaboy, but from 100 to 90% it goes preatty fast, then it is good

0 Likes
Reply
SLK
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

At least in my case after clearing google play services and cache partition, battery has been good.

 

My first charge ended with 39.5 hours, with SOT for 4hrs:17min and voice calls of 4 hours on 4g (including whatsapp calls). (no other heavy duty stuff, a few pictures, web browsing etc.)

 

The second charge is currently at 33% with 19 hours on battery, and SOT of 3hrs:45min + voice calls of 1hr40mins. (100% LTE - WiFi on and connected but non-operational)

 

The phone still moves from 100% much faster than other phones but is consistent in the way it goes down.

 

I think, I'm ok with the battery now, its sorted. 

 

(S10 - Exynos)

0 Likes
Reply
Bianconeri145
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

SLK, how much does ur android system drain? Im at 62% battery atm and androidnsystem drained 5% and google play services 1% but ive deactivated it, atm 5hrs on battery with only using whatsapp

0 Likes
Reply
SLK
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Bianconeri145 wrote:

SLK, how much does ur android system drain? Im at 62% battery atm and androidnsystem drained 5% and google play services 1% but ive deactivated it, atm 5hrs on battery with only using whatsapp


 

Very similar for android system. Google play services is 2% at similar battery level.

 

 

0 Likes
Reply
Curt_Interludes
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
that's where I am..
0 Likes
Reply
Alex171
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Having same problem,not lasting nearly as long as S8 and also switches itself on in my shirt pocket.

Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Never switched off but Bixby will not work from when it's in my pocket 

0 Likes
Reply
grilo67
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi Alex,

After posting my problem about the phone switching its screen in the shirt pocket I have found an option that takes care of that...

 

...Go to definitions - Advanced features - Motions & gestures - Lift to wake (toggle off) - Double tap to wake up (toggle off).

 

With this you'll see a big improvement.

 

Regards.

0 Likes
Reply
Meddrissi
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same thing here 2 weeks after the release my older samsung galaxy s8 had better battery life even if it had less capacity hope it will get fixed and I think the issue is only concerning Exynos versions?

0 Likes
Reply
dani8501
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi i am using s10 plus from  last two weeks at start battery timing was very bad then i resseted it  after that its little bit better  but the worst part is   phone is eating battery on standby mode youn sleep with 100 percent  wake up with 90 percent thats a very serious problem  samsung have to do something  here in my area we are almost 150 guys are suffering from this problem  if samsung will not solve this problem soon then we are goiing to samsung store back for our money back  otherwise will protest  we spent money for worlds latest phone  thats not fair  samsung must take an action now

0 Likes
Reply
WynD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@dani8501 wrote:

Hi i am using s10 plus from  last two weeks at start battery timing was very bad then i resseted it  after that its little bit better  but the worst part is   phone is eating battery on standby mode youn sleep with 100 percent  wake up with 90 percent thats a very serious problem  samsung have to do something  here in my area we are almost 150 guys are suffering from this problem  if samsung will not solve this problem soon then we are goiing to samsung store back for our money back  otherwise will protest  we spent money for worlds latest phone  thats not fair  samsung must take an action now


I have the same issue with a Note 9 I got less than a month ago...  I also wake up with 10% less battery on stand by mode. The only way it would only consume 1% on a entire night of no activity is to enable the Airplane mode. The phone battery is lasting around 4 hours 50 min max of active screen (screen on time aka SOT) which for some phones may be normal, but it SHOULDN'T be for these phones we have... 

 

I know people with the same model I have with +7 and +8 hours of SOT... Same with your S10... Either something is wrong with the new software update to Android 9 on our phones, or something with the Exynos chip version some people say....

 

I see my self selling the phone in less than a month and going back to iOS.. 

dani8501
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
i switched from iphone x to s10 plus
iphone x i used for 1 year still now
if i sleep with 100 percent in morning it was still 100 percent
whole night it did not eat even 1 percent
and i never switched off wifi or anything
i wake up with 100 of messages but battery was still 100 percent

but here in s10 plus i am in tension now
i spent 1400 dollars
its not fair samsung
dani8501
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
i suspect samsung cannot have issue with processor exynos because s series had been one of the best series of all the time
it should be a software bug

but they must fix it as soon as possible
0 Likes
Reply
WynD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

 


@dani8501 wrote:
i suspect samsung cannot have issue with processor exynos because s series had been one of the best series of all the time
it should be a software bug

but they must fix it as soon as possible

I'm saying this about the Exynos just following the argument of some people in this same thread who said something about it few pages back.... 

0 Likes
Reply
MikeT2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My girlfriend bought s10e and the battery drain is just absurd, came here to find solutions but all i see is that its a wide spread problem. Samsung must fix it 

0 Likes
Reply
Ash037
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Made the switch from my iPhone X to the S10+ with the number 1 reason being for the big battery. I'm now on my second S10+ and both have had very poor battery life reaching a maximum screen time of 5 hours. For such an expensive flagship phone it should have superb battery out of the box it is ridiculous people are having to do all these tweaks. Even with the tweaks the battery life still seems to be poor. In hindsight it may have been a poor decision moving to the S10+ from an iPhone.

cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Ash037 wrote:

Made the switch from my iPhone X to the S10+ with the number 1 reason being for the big battery. I'm now on my second S10+ and both have had very poor battery life reaching a maximum screen time of 5 hours. For such an expensive flagship phone it should have superb battery out of the box it is ridiculous people are having to do all these tweaks. Even with the tweaks the battery life still seems to be poor. In hindsight it may have been a poor decision moving to the S10+ from an iPhone.


Yeah I find it shocking that iPhone....has an on par or better battery as iPhones are TERRIBLE on battery. I moved from iPhone to Sony this time last year - I was upset about the battery life on my Sony but once I figured out it was a walelock and disabled that, the battery life was great.  But I am experiencing the same issue with grain on wifi vs 4G - I would expect a difference but not to this degree

 

(with my optimizations, I am at 17 hours, 28 minutes on battery with about 2.5 hours SOT and at 56% battery - bear in mind though, that this time, I didn't charge up my phone for 10 mins before I left the flat - instead, I charged to 93% last night, lost 3% over the course of the night [approx. 8-8.5 hours this time] which gave me 90% when I left the flat...so if I had of fully charged my phone, I would be technically at 66% battery.  It's not the MOST ideal but I don't think it is terrible)

BorpZ
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I'm seriously considering going to another brand as this is just awfull. Not sure if I'm going back to apple but maybe huawei deserves a shot. It was already a hastle moving from iPhone to android.

I think I'll give Samsung 1 month to see if they can fix the problem if not I'm done with them.

Seriously how is a s7 edge easily out lasting my S10 when doing the same tasks. They are both on the same network and both exynos devices.
0 Likes
Reply
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@BorpZ wrote:
I'm seriously considering going to another brand as this is just awfull. Not sure if I'm going back to apple but maybe huawei deserves a shot. It was already a hastle moving from iPhone to android.

I think I'll give Samsung 1 month to see if they can fix the problem if not I'm done with them.

Seriously how is a s7 edge easily out lasting my S10 when doing the same tasks. They are both on the same network and both exynos devices.

my friend says she gets 2 days out of her P20 Pro on data saver mode.  I will NEVER go back to Apple but I was contemplating Huawei on and off over the last 1.5 years -the problem for me is I don't like the size (I want the Pro model) as it's FAR too big and I actually don't like the camera on it (that's a lie - I like the camera for some things but generally much prefer the Samsungs and even the Sonys to Huawei - mostly because I find the Huawei blows out backgrounds, especially in selfies).  I also don't like that I can't insert a micro SD card to expand the memory but hey ho....all personal preference

0 Likes
Reply