Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 09/03/19 08:03)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
GOP
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same thing happened to me.  To disable double tap And lift to wake go to Settings>Advanced Features>Motions and Gestures in Settings and turn them off.

0 Likes
dani8501
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

56730643_2271153536476934_1523519062754197504_n.jpgthis is my statics what u say is it good battery  ttimimng

56913292_2184006131677171_2095970085129682944_n.jpg

0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

FYI - this post might be useful: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10-plus/how-to/galaxy-s10-battery-optimisation-guide-t3911988

I had done a number of those optimizations on my last device which did nothing.  I've done some of them on this device which I think might have done something....as an FYI I also went and disabled Device Security per the instructions above.  This morning I used my phone doing heavier tasking while on my way to work and I've "saved" about 2% battery from yesterday.

I am wanting to try Face Slim instead of the native FB app(s) and see if there is a difference as well - numerous people have said it is SO much better than regular FB services, particularly on battery.  I've also been wanting to try Adhell 3 but haven't had enough time to mess around with keys (this seems to be the sticking point for a lot of people trying to enable it).  Still not able to adapt to the "night mode" settings - just too hard on my eyes.

0 Likes
Practicallygeek
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@cara1 wrote:

FYI - this post might be useful: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10-plus/how-to/galaxy-s10-battery-optimisation-guide-t3911988

I had done a number of those optimizations on my last device which did nothing.  I've done some of them on this device which I think might have done something....as an FYI I also went and disabled Device Security per the instructions above.  This morning I used my phone doing heavier tasking while on my way to work and I've "saved" about 2% battery from yesterday.

I am wanting to try Face Slim instead of the native FB app(s) and see if there is a difference as well - numerous people have said it is SO much better than regular FB services, particularly on battery.  I've also been wanting to try Adhell 3 but haven't had enough time to mess around with keys (this seems to be the sticking point for a lot of people trying to enable it).  Still not able to adapt to the "night mode" settings - just too hard on my eyes.

I had a look for device security but couldn't find it 😕 is this just a snapdragon thing? I'm using a UK EE handset - in apps there nothing at all that says device security . . . .

I'm currently on 1d 11h - SOT 3h 20 mins with 23% left - this has been me using it off and on - tomorrow I go to London on a coach from Liverpool (6hrs :D) this will mean I can really give this S10 a battering - more than likely netflix for hours on end. 

0 Likes
Sofire2410
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

The battery life is horrendous - my S8 lasted longer than the S10 and it was supposedly a smaller battery..

I've done all the things they suggest to save power but short of leaving my phone and not touching it all day it doesn't last at all. Think it's scary that as soon as you take it off charge it drops down 1% - that can't be good.

cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Practicallygeek wrote:

@cara1 wrote:

I had a look for device security but couldn't find it 😕 is this just a snapdragon thing? I'm using a UK EE handset - in apps there nothing at all that says device security . . . .

I'm currently on 1d 11h - SOT 3h 20 mins with 23% left - this has been me using it off and on - tomorrow I go to London on a coach from Liverpool (6hrs :D) this will mean I can really give this S10 a battering - more than likely netflix for hours on end. 

No - definitely exynos version (I'm in the UK) but unlocked.  If you go into settings and search for device security, it should come up as an app.  Apparently wiping the data is enough to disable the device security app (apparently it should be off by default for any EU models but I've wiped anyways)

0 Likes
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Sofire2410 wrote:..

Think it's scary that as soon as you take it off charge it drops down 1% - that can't be good...

It probably the balanced charging. To stop your phone and battery burning out while on the charger, it will get to a 100%, stop charging, and then start again when needed, going back up to 100%. Probably you just unplugged it near the beginning of the recharge cycle and its closer to 99% than 100%

0 Likes
LewyT4
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ive done all updates, tried every tip. I use medium power saver and my results when using the device are pants. If i dont touch it its great, ill easily get 48 hours. But as soon as i use the phone it drops quicklyIve done all updates, tried every tip. I use medium power saver and my results when using the device are pants. If i dont touch it its great, ill easily get 48 hours. But as soon as i use the phone it drops quickly

0 Likes
Arwmjc
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

How long do u want phone to last?  I'm happy charging every night have always done that so as long as this s10 plus lasts me whole days then what's the issue? Btw it lasts all days brightness on 90% and on optimised setting mix of wifi and mobile data.. anything from 2-3 and 6-7sot depending on what I'm doing on particular days..

0 Likes