Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 09/03/19 08:03)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Albann
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I havent received any updates at all im still on the February update and im on Three

0 Likes
Russell1945
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I've only had one update since getting it? What's your current update version?
0 Likes
bigjig
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Me too, still on Feb update.

EE
0 Likes
Gav4b
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm using an unlocked S10 from Carphone Warehouse it looks like the same build number as the last update I got maybe it's a fix for the battery drain Screenshot_20190330-110340_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Gav4b wrote:

Has anyone else received another update today UK  thats 3 updates iv  had since I got the phone on launch day this one was only 112mb 

Yes my S10e has been updated 3 times since I purchased it directly from Samsung. The first update was straight after I received the phone. The battery drain was bad.

The 2nd firmware was early last week I recall correctly, that improved the battery drain alot.

The 3rd update was done yesterday, the drain issue has gone.

Each time I updated the firmware I did perform a clearing of the cache partition etc.  See my previous post for what I did. 

My model is UK BTU check Sammobile site firmware section for the latest firmware available. I don't use this site to download and install, only for reference. I use OTA.

I would do a back up on a PC and do a factory reset if after the latest firmware don't fix the issues. Then restore only key data and manually install your apps directly from the playstore.  I think the drain issues arise from either poorly optimised apps or corrupt/conflicts caused my using the smart switch app when moving from your old phone to the S10.

0 Likes
Barbaraowl
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I received an update today. Until now I don't ser an improvement in battery lifr

0 Likes
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Barbaraowl wrote:

I received an update today. Until now I don't ser an improvement in battery lifr

Have you performed clearing of the cache partition etc?

Also fully charge it and then use it like normal it should settle in a day or 2.

0 Likes
Barbaraowl
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Not yet. As a former iPhone user I found a bit conplicated what you wrote but I will try. Thank you !
0 Likes
Barbaraowl
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Tehki8 wrote:

@Barbaraowl wrote:

Have you performed clearing of the cache partition etc?

Also fully charge it and then use it like normal it should settle in a day or 2.

Not yet. As a former iPhone user and not an IT expert I found a  bit complicated what you wrote but I will try when I have my PC with me. Thank you!

0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I received the update this morning as well. I downloaded and then wiped the partition cache and then charged it back up to 100% before leaving for the yard this morning. I've also finally conceded and changed my setting to night mode but I HATE the dark background as I find it much harder to see properly. I have used my phone normally and had minimal battery drain it seemed at first but I dunno. Will see. It says ibe only had 38 mins screen time and I'm at 88% but I feel like I was on it longer as I ended up having to wait almost 30 mins for my train plus wait for a bus for 15 mins (typical London engineering works) and was on my phone the whole time and then some...

I honestly hate the night mode. I have slight astigmatism in one eye and night mode makes it difficult to see (enough to have correction with my glasses but not enough for contacts correction)

0 Likes