Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 15/03/19 17:55)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
BrakeZ
Observer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same here on my S10 Exynos. 3 Hours SOT and 10 % battery drain during night and screen off.

There is also many poeplo with this issue on Reddit.

It seems there is problem with Exynos models when running on 4G.

Hopefully Samsung will come soon with some fix.

0 Likes
Kjt57
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
How do you know if you have an Exynos model?
0 Likes
Mpr658
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

im not sure. i thought it was the s10e version or maybe not

0 Likes
MelissaS
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

International is exynos. America and China has snapdragon.

Addito
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Dont bother. S9+exynos has the same prob massive batt drain. N Samsungs nt gonna do nything abt it.thats y i din go with the s series even though they r good lookin n stuff.

0 Likes
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
My S10e also had high drain from Android System, I carried out the following steps and so far it seems to have improved a lot.

-Searched for the Google Play Services app, cleared the Cache
-Rebooted in to Recovery mode, cleared the Partition Cache
- Switched on Adaptive Battery option,
- Disabled account backup to Google (I did this for one day, it is now back on)
- Fully Charged the phone (Kept it on the charger for the following steps)
- Swiped away all running apps in the background
- Shut the phone down and then switched it back on
Then disconnected the power cable. The phone was draining about 3 to 4 % per hour when not used.
After i carried out the above steps it is dropping about 1 % per hour when not used.
Tlmjc
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Factory reset worked for me on my s10. Downloaded Samsung Smart Switch to my laptop. Backed up all the data from the phone using USB cable. Factory reset the phone. Uploaded data from laptop back to the phone. No battery drain at all now. Not sure why this works but it did for me. 

0 Likes
Andysingh
Observer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Exactly the same for me. I upgraded from s8 plus using auto sync. My 2 year old s8 plus has much better battery life than my S10 plus

0 Likes
HelionPrime
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to charge both my S10 in my iPhone 10 till fully maxed charge overnight, then in the morning I'm going to kill all apps and then open up YouTube and just watch like 2 hours straight of videos on each one and see where each one is at after an hour or so. That should give us some insight . I guess this is the S10 battery challenge we will call it. ,😁

Rohitjain
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Facing the same problem on my S10....
Samsung you need to fix this
0 Likes
Rohitjain
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Getting SOT of only 2.5 hours
0 Likes
Uddav
Observer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Battrey is draining too fast while device is on idle.hope to get updates  for fixes.

0 Likes
Albann
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Im getting so mad with this this needs to be fixed asap because its honesly really annoying i cant cant get a full day of battery with my phone it loses like 10% per hour even when im not using it

denis1997
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the Galaxy S10 since 8th of March and since then I've been noticing that my battery is draining so fast, I unplugged from the charger 15mins ago and I have 90% of batter left... It doesn't last for the whole day, which really bugs me for a flagship device from Samsung, £800 ... I might be returning it as faulty idk or shall I wait for update ...

0 Likes
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Have you tried backing up your phone on to a PC using the Smart switch application, then do a factory reset and then restore from back up? This seems to have resolved the issue for a few people.
Albann
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Im not doing that for a brand new device wich ive had for only a week that's absolute bull***** if i have to do that i need This battery provlem fixed well we all do but yeah honesly this is such a pisstake I'm definitely sure this is software releated they need to do an update

Dan78uk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I refuse to believe that I need to do a factory reset. This is not Windows it's a Linux system, all that restart bull. . Doesn't work

0 Likes
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I understand that you are frustrated, I had the same issue when I purchased the note 9. When I set up the phone, I had a corrupt app or something that caused the power drain.

I backed up my phone, factory reset and restored, this fixed the drain for me.

For my s10e, I cleared the partition cache and Google play services cache this seems to have improved my drain alot. I am going to monitor my s10e in the coming days. Otherwise I will do a factory reset and restore.
0 Likes
djdean7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

There is no update needed a factory reset fixed the issue and the battery is now amazing. I got 1day and 1 hour off charge with 6 hours screen on time and 20% left 

Dan78uk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So you guys are basically telling me that when I first started my phone it was not in factory reset mode? Hence why I need to do a reset. Can anyone confirm? 

0 Likes
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
The phone comes brand new which is factory reset as such, but in my experience when you set up a new device during the copying over from the old phone, an app or something in the os gets corrupt or isn't fully compatible causes this issue.
I update the phone to the latest firmware and then back up and factory reset the phone. After this I restore using the Smart switch from my PC. It has fixed the issue for me in the past if I have battery drain issues.
0 Likes