Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 15/03/19 17:17)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Gonzo28
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It seems that the update fixed the drain to me. During sleep i lost around 1 percent per hour with wifi and location enabled. And it drains very slow when screen is on. I assume at least 7hrs sot now.

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
1 percent per hour is minimal. And acceptable.
0 Likes
Gonzo28
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I am at 40% now with 4:20 sot, plus i flashed firmware with this battery at around 75%. So 6hrs easily, with it fully charged 7+ hrs easily i guess. 

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Gonzo28 wrote:

I am at 40% now with 4:20 sot, plus i flashed firmware with this battery at around 75%. So 6hrs easily, with it fully charged 7+ hrs easily i guess. 

You are well on your way to efficient SOT.

If you hit 7 hrs. SOT, it will be the sweet spot.

Gonzo28
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I fully charged it now and let's see. Two percent with display on all the time drawn 2 percent battery in 12 minutes. If that stays like this, it's worth >9 to 10hrs. I have to say that i tweaked a lot because with the older firmware it was draining like hell.

Nova, disabled bixby and a lot of apps, no animations, routines to detect location and set bluetooth wifi, etc. depending if at work, home or car. Brightness is around 40-55% roughly. Using nova instead of one ui, I wiped with the firmware before because i wanted a csc change from dtm to dbt and now the aut firmware was flashed with home csc and it worked like a charm. But it's a 5gb download, luckily i am on 250 mbit here.

Great stuff with reasonable brightness, wifi at home and no mobile data. At work wifi will be disabled and mobile data enabled. My lte connection at home is not that good.

Sync is on and gps has disabled all improvements, just pure gps.

Let's see, if the drain stays with 1% per 6 minutes while screen is on.
Gonzo28
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Screenshot_20190626-091011_Settings.jpg

Very early indeed, but looks good.Screenshot_20190626-091140_Chrome.jpg

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Congratulations on the methodical configuration to get greater SOT. 😅.
0 Likes
Gara_kons
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I want to try the ASF3 update on my S10e as well since the SOT is poor. Since i am new to android i have found that it is possible through Odin while also having the samsung drivers and the firmware downloaded. My question is can install this firmware which is only in Switzerland as far as i know since my version of S10e is from the UK but unlocked? 

Update: The firmware update just appeared in the UK region as well.

0 Likes
Gonzo28
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

sure, just use the home_csc then it will stay with your region, i did so coming from dbt version to aut.

my battery is not that much better than before. here in the office i have weak signal strength and it drains way faster. at home with wifi and no lte/4g enabled it drains very slow. i have to further investigate this.

i tried tasker and bixby without success, i wanted to switch to 2g when screen is off and 4g when its on, but tasker has this greyed out and bixby does not offer this. Any ideads?

currently i am aiming for 5h of sot which is not too bad either, but not what i expected this morning and so much tuning.

0 Likes
roastedwookie
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

No changes after the update. Battery life is the same garbage as before.

0 Likes
Cunny1983
Observer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Did your S10 battery life ever improve as I've had the phone for 5 days and the battery is awful?

I've not been up an hour and it's down 10%?

0 Likes
Matthepple
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yes, had to change each app to not use in background. Which is intensive.

Battery if you use it often, will I'm afraid be only good on maximum use for a few hours.

Plenty of charging options though. Odd for a good phone to have such a poor battery. 

0 Likes
Alex171
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Have changed screen settings to HDR+and battery has improved,havealso switched bluetooth off when not using it.

Started at 100% at 7am and am now at 77% at 3pm

0 Likes
Arwash
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same issue battery draining faster than it should on my S10+

Fun fact that I really loked the S10 more than the S10+ but eventually went for the latter because I needed more battery.

I'm actually typing this on my old S7 so that O won't drain the battery on the S10+ 😂

0 Likes
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I had the same issue with the S10e, I wiped the Google Play Services app Cache, cleared the Cache Partition.  Touch wood, so far this has seemed to resolve the issue. 

I will give it another couple of days to see how it goes.

Colin1879
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My S10+ seems to be getting better, but slowly.

0 Likes
Dan78uk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same issue here. That was the whole reason to upgrade to the 10+for me. I see in the morning it goes sooo quickly from 100%to 98, in less than a minute. I've read d to wait two weeks before but I can't do that since I won't be able to give it back to the shop  

0 Likes
Mpr658
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
where do you go to clear the cache for google play services? i cant find the option. it says google play services has been running in the background for 15 hours but then says it hasnt used alot of battery.
0 Likes
MonkNZ
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I am only getting 3.5 hours screen on time before my phone is dead and 15 hour idol time. This is worse than my S8 which I upgraded from to get better battery.

Screenshot_20190315-215724_Settings.jpg

Android system is taking 17% and android OS is taking 12%.

I did use the auto sync thing to upgrade from my S8 so this might be the cause but i wouldnt think so 

Any ideas ? Followed steps that are online about this and it hasnt helped.

0 Likes
LewisNXN
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

The problem is with 4g. Yesterday using only 4g got 4hr 20 minutes SOT today ive only been using wifi i have 73% left and thats 2hr 30 minutes SOT

0 Likes
Dan78uk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Is this happening only on the exynos version? 

0 Likes