Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 06/04/19 17:05)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Well i would say a software bug, Curries pc world upto there old game have no idea what they are doing. Lip service i think you got. Did you physicall see them test it do they have a rig to test mobile phones ??????

0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yes I did see them rig up the phone - it is to a computer and the computer identified it as such automatically.  He showed me on the computer as well.  So I'm not sure it was lip service.  the guy did seem to know what he was talking about when it came to technology (I'm a geek myself lol). Frankly the battery drain on that phone was SHOCKING and especially as I had done everything on this forum on that phone and no avail. So I wouldn't be surprised if there was an actual issue with it

0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@cara1 wrote:

Yes I did see them rig up the phone. I don't know if it was lip service or not but the guy did seem to know what he was talking about when it came to technology (I'm a geek myself lol). Frankly the battery drain on that phone was SHOCKING and especially as I had done everything on this forum on that phone and no avail. So I wouldn't be surprised if there was an actual issue with it

Fair enough still scheptical tho:grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye::grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye:

0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

LOL yeah fair enough. Funnily enough I thought I was going to have to have a fight as I had the phone for 21 days - so 7 days outside their return policy unless the device was faulty so if they say it's faulty and gave me my refund without hassle then I'm happy. I've managed to get a BTU model straight from Samsung so fingers crossed.

0 Likes
MadQueen
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey everyone!

I had another conversation  with Samsung's support. They went into my phone and did a search. They didn't enlightened me with anything but here is a tip they shared so we can check our devices for the drain source. You will have to sacrifice 8 hours  of your daily usage. I will try this at night for example . 

Restart your device and open it to safe mode. The phone will open without your apps. They will be still in your phone but you won't be able to see them for these 8 hours. Leave it like this while you sleep or during the day. You'll be able to receive and make calls , use all Samsung  apps but not anything else . At the end of this procedure and after these 8 hours go and check your battery. See its status and check whether if it's the phone's issue out of the box or if it's Samsung's bad battery management  for other apps. That's a start to begin with.

Practicallygeek
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Got my replacement off EE today - I was curious to see when this S10 plus was built - in code menu it showed 9th March which means newer built than my old one - 

Anyway I can't comment yet - for me I think it seems worse 😞 I hope not but it still needs a few days to settle - one thing I noticed though is it still needs its march update which didnt do a thing to my original S10 plus - 

One thing I did notice - its learning my usage and inside usage it says 79 days and 15 hours of battery 😞 

I hope this is just  because its out the box battery - came with 44% - down to 5% now after 7 - half hours - 2 hours SOT 

Anyone comment on the 79 days thing? Gonna try that safe mode thing too tonight

0 Likes
Firebird761
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks for this update. If you could share this with the service centres, it would be great. I have visited 3 service centres here in switzerland, they do a so called "test" and tell me the battery is fine and no problem with standard software. They keep blaiming some rouge app in my phone which eats all the battery.

Here is what I have tried:

1. Safe mode: It still had over 20% battery drainage overnight.

2. Airplane mode: It was better at around 15% battery drainage overnight (which could also re-confirm the analysis that battery usage is not optimised for poor network areas)

3. Factory data reset and use the phone with just the default apps for a couple of days(Yes they recommend this!!): This too was not beneficial as I had just 3hrs SOT in 18hours on battery by the time it drained out.

What worse in such situations is to encounter technicians who do not have a clue about what to check and just give try to blame the user for it

0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
They didn't test the battery specifically with mine. I brought it in and said I wasn't pleased with the battery but it had been doing other funny things as well. I made sure to stipulate that I had been reading forums and had basically turned off my entire phone except for system applications for it to run/made every suggested tweak that seemed to work for others and made no difference (which is true) and had adaptive battery settings, put all apps that I possibly could immediately to sleep, etc. all with zero result. I also stipulated that I had done several resets including soft settings resets, network resets, soft resets, hard factory resets, wiped caches and partition all with no result. That's especially when they thought "hmmmm. Something doesn't sound right here" which was exactly what I was thinking lol. When you start giving a laundry list of stuff you have done, they tend to take you a bit more seriously (time of voice also helps lol). Just an FYI I had turned my location off for just about everything and made zero difference so in reflection I am somewhat apt to say it's a toss up between a software issue and a hardware issue.
0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Practicallygeek wrote:

Got my replacement off EE today - I was curious to see when this S10 plus was built - in code menu it showed 9th March which means newer built than my old one - 

Anyway I can't comment yet - for me I think it seems worse 😞 I hope not but it still needs a few days to settle - one thing I noticed though is it still needs its march update which didnt do a thing to my original S10 plus - 

One thing I did notice - its learning my usage and inside usage it says 79 days and 15 hours of battery 😞 

I hope this is just  because its out the box battery - came with 44% - down to 5% now after 7 - half hours - 2 hours SOT 

Anyone comment on the 79 days thing? Gonna try that safe mode thing too tonight

79 days of battery sounds fab to me!!! LOL!!  I would think it's a learning your usage thing.  When I booted up my old XZ2 (as my replacement phone for the time being) it told me I had 27 hours of battery.  I can tell you I have never had 27 hours of battery on this little beast of a phone (ok...it's hardly a "little" phone)

0 Likes
bigjig
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi, please let me k know how the repla cement works, mine is manufactured on 21st Feb 2019. 

I have performed a factory reset today.

0 Likes