Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 04/04/19 01:23)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Mad queen- what does your phone say you are on? If it's the ASCA/ASC8/ASC8 version then you are up to date. Go into software update and the download and install option and it will tell you  

PS my phone has suddenly stopped giving me notification ringtones for WhatsApp messages. It vibrates though...still am of the opinion my phone is a lemon  

0 Likes
bigjig
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I have used iOS for 9 years and in spite of the battery issues, I think Samsung has given us a marvellous product.

The wireless buds are amazing, I am keeping the phone for that reason alone.

It's taken me a lot of tinkering to get to 5-6 hours and I primarily use it for listening to music.

After a month now, the phone lasts for a full day and more depending on its use (screen time still about 6 or less) and I think I will settle for that.

0 Likes
Barbaraowl
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hi everyone, 
Here is 11 pm, I started to use the phone at 7am and now I have 34% battery left. I listened a bit of music (not as much as I usually do), I used instagram, browsed, my watch was connected, and sent emails and did some calls, I texted and used whatsapp. Screen time is only 3h though. But I would say that improved. I cleared google play cache ane partition cache. I have adaptive battery mode and put all apps to sleep when they are not used. Also restricted background activity on most of the app. I would say my phone got better. Why? I do not really know. But still I am not 100% satisfied and I ll see how it goes. I have s10e.

0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@MadQueen wrote:
Anyone else got a second update? Did it work? I'm really pissed with Samsung. They haven't make any official announcements and not all support services are up to speed with our issue.

I’ve had the third update. But from day one I’ve never had any issues that I’ve come across as yet.

F1233F34-BDC4-4975-B825-1B198BE7B317.jpeg

This is my stats for the last 22 hours or so. Correct me if I’m wrong.

MadQueen
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Yes that's the version that came with the update . But still the battery fix lasted for 2days.
I am also having trouble with my gmail notifications. Sometimes I have to open the app and then get my notifications.
0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Try restarting the phone and see if it works.  If it doesn't, check the notification settings.  My phone magically changes my settings I noticed - last night when I was screwing around trying to figure out why all of a sudden my Whatsapp wasn't giving me any sound notifcations and just a vibration (it would give me in-app sounds though if I were in the actual conversation but if someone else messaged me while I was in another conversation, there would be no sound), I noticed that my whatsapp notifications settings had changed and the ringtone that I had set (prism and/or red dwarf depending on the conversation type) suddenly had a number.  I had restarted my phone multiple times and it didn't fix itself - it wasn't until I noticed that change that I changed it back to what it was supposed to be and I've magically got sound again.  But...THAT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN?!  lol

0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Colin19 wrote:

@MadQueen wrote:
Anyone else got a second update? Did it work? I'm really pissed with Samsung. They haven't make any official announcements and not all support services are up to speed with our issue.

I’ve had the third update. But from day one I’ve never had any issues that I’ve come across as yet.

Colin19 - that's great battery life!  Are you charging your phone before you sleep, unplug it while you sleep and then use it during the day to get those sorts of stats?  Or are you charging while you sleep (which is what I do) and then that's the drain from the time you unplug it in the morning and go?

0 Likes
Fudgy31
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have just turned on Adaptive Power to see what this does.  I'll keep an eye on it today.  At 3am this morning my phone dies as it went to 0% (I wanted it to do this)  Now I have awoke to 100% so lets see,  someone told me its good to refresh your battery now and again.

I will keep it off charge and send a screen update before i decide to put it back on charge.

0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@cara1 wrote:

@Colin19 wrote:

@MadQueen wrote:

Colin19 - that's great battery life!  Are you charging your phone before you sleep, unplug it while you sleep and then use it during the day to get those sorts of stats?  Or are you charging while you sleep (which is what I do) and then that's the drain from the time you unplug it in the morning and go?

I only charge it over night when I’m tucked up in the land of nod, then just use it til next sleep time.

0 Likes
Shady2Cool
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

*****, I just got mine a few days ago and it says I'm on a Feb1 update🤔

0 Likes