Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 03/04/19 14:20)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
BorpZ
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Tell me about it. We need that night mode feature for the camera asap. Just wondering if anybody is using adaptive power saving?
0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Same with me Borpz! That's what makes it so frustrating. I'm backing everything up to Ever which is taking forever so likely wont do a factor reset tonight as it's already 11:30pm. That way I don't have to use SS (my Google drive backups have gotten weird as well. It's not backing up my apps?? Anyone else have this issue?)
0 Likes
Arwmjc
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Yes I have it on seems ok for me last me a day from 5.30 till 10pm
0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I can say...I do NOT have good news after my factory reset last night. I know I've been doing more on it trying to reset my phone but the battery drain is even WORSE!!!!!!!! *&^%(*!!!!!!!!!!! Back to the store this goes on Saturday. I think this is a lemon phone.
0 Likes
Russell1945
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I've had mine a week since ranting on here. I've left the screen in the highest quality and it is a lot better. Haven't changed any setting other than adaptive battery setting. I think it's true that android takes a few days to learn your usage and finish its set up. Doing a factory reset would just start all that again! I definitely wouldn't do that!

I'm getting a full day's usage now easy. Everyday it's getting better
0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

What apps are showing most power draw?? 

0 Likes
MadQueen
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

After my first update the battery seemed to be fine. Only lost 1% during the night and I was playing games for 5hours straight. 2 days later everything changed. Battery losing 10% while I'm not using the phone . I really don't know what to do. I'm gonna talk to them again. 

0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

MadQueen - sounds about right! The other night I left my phone on the table for 2 hours and didn't touch it and it lost about 8% battery. Crazy...it is really making me want to get a refund on this phone and then grab a Snapdragon one!

Colin - it shows my screen is the biggest drainer and more recently (after the update) Android OS seems to be a massive consumer of battery.

bigjig
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I think mine is improving now on it's own.. 

I keep the bluetooth on all the time as I use the buds to listen to music.

I keep brightness very low though 

Screenshot_20190403-175922_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
MadQueen
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Anyone else got a second update? Did it work? I'm really pissed with Samsung. They haven't make any official announcements and not all support services are up to speed with our issue.
0 Likes