Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 30/03/19 07:28)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@bigjig wrote:

Screenshot_20190329-225545_Settings.jpg

In which case, mine is looking good.

This is without the update. Bear in mind d I have turned off a lot of things and dont do any gaming. Just browsing, spotify and office products

Have you enabled Adaptive Battery option? 

I have set most of my apps to sleep when I am not using them with the exception of email and messaging apps

0 Likes
Sascha76
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

In all honesty the battery is t even the worse part the camera in lower light (not talking about dark,just darker) is terrible grainy lots of noise and if used in light then it's overexposed I hate it so much that in conjunction with the subpar battery life this is the most dissapoidisapphone Samsung has ever made. 

0 Likes
ElfbladE
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I purchased the S10e and have been using it for 1 week. The battery drain was HORRIBLE, 2% drained within 20 minutes of unplugging at FULL CHARGE. I wanted to see how bad was the battery drain during idle, left the phone unplug when I went to bed at 20%. To my horror, after 8 hours of sleep, I woke up to find my the phone totally shutdown. Did some Googling and it all pointed to the INFERIOR Exynos 9820, S10e with the Snagdragon 855 doesn't seem to have this issue.

I lived in Singapore and spent a good amount of money to purchase the S10e, end up with a phone more inferior than my previous OnePlus... Why is Samsung not putting in the Snapdragon 855 in all regions, but chose to put in the Exynos 9820?

I will be attempting to return this phone, it is not a bad phone, but after using it for 1 week, these are the Cons I found.

1) Only Quick Charge 2.0 compatible, the charging speed, seriously, in 2019? Not sure if it was due to the explosion of the Note 7 that Samsung decided to stick to "SLOW" charging.

2) To make matter worse, the battery drain on this piece of "Crab" was crazy, I had to plug it in before I go to bed, and halfway through my work day in office. Charging it 2 times per day to last me through, it's been a while since I had to do that.

3) One UI is not "Stock" Android. It is definitely better than Touch Wiz, but a far cry from Stock or Oxygen OS.

Looking to purchase the S10e? I will do so if I am in the US or China region where it has the Snagdragon 855. Say NO to Exynos 9820!!
0 Likes
Barbaraowl
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi, 

Did you see any improvement? 

I am about to give the phone back because I can do it only by 2 weeks from the date I bought it. So I wouldn't like to risk just to try if it gets better

Thank you!

0 Likes
Barbaraowl
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hi,

Did you see any improvement?

I am about to give the phone back because I can do it only by 2 weeks from the date I bought it. So I wouldn't like to risk just to try if it gets better

Thank you!
0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Have read a report that this issue is caused by VOIP so if you call using WhatsApp or Skype the phone doesn’t go back to deep sleep, only workaround stated was to restart phone.

Have a read through this.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-fix-galaxy-s10-battery-problems

0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
They say its VoIP but many of us are having issues without using it...so there are MANY issues....
0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I agree but this is one issue that’s been highlighted as the culprit, so until Samsung release an update to rectify this issue looks like we are stuck 

0 Likes
andrei19
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
there are same issues without peple using any voip app...so there is something else causing it.
0 Likes
Gav4b
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Has anyone else received another update today UK  thats 3 updates iv  had since I got the phone on launch day this one was only 112mb 

0 Likes