Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 27/03/19 23:49)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Ade65
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
EE update is there for me now.
0 Likes
LewyT4
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Screenshot_20190401-084615_Software update.jpg

Are people getting further updates from this? Ive had it for about a week but not made much change to my battery

0 Likes
Hairymushrooms
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Rubbsh battery on mine still,  I've tried everything Samsung suggested they even sent a new charger and lead but no difference at all.

https://ibb.co/GxdpStW

0 Likes
feelthevibe
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

A lot better than me. I rarely ever get to 3 hour SoT in total:

https://imgur.com/a/vC3WDlf

Not quite sure what to do to fix it.

0 Likes
Gara_kons
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Guys new in the samsung galaxy here. Got my s10e but i am definitely not really happy with its battery life so far. Unfortunately in the UK only the exynos variant is available so this is what i got. I upload you a photo of battery usage with airplane mode constantly on, auto sync off, nightmode on. Is these numbers normal or strange? ThanksScreenshot_20190526-223609_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
cara1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Tehki8- I bought from Currys unlocked (now you have me wondering if they ordered me a network locked phone!!!!!)

Mine is indeed an unlocked version. It is SM-G973F/DS version  :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Curt_Interludes
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Naaaa
0 Likes
MV7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Not sure if this will help anyone but I had the S10 delivered on the day of release via a network operator and suffered battery drain.
I got a relace this monday and the first thing I did was update the it to the latest firmware and once updated, perform a factory reset.
I then did a restore via Samsung Cloud and google cloud and since been very impressed with the phones battery life.

Today for example - my phone has been on for 17h 54m  with 4hrs 9mins screen time

7% battery life remaining

0 Likes
Alex173
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Screenshot_20190327-231837_Settings.jpg

The battery drain is now better but it is still not very good. I'm thinking about returning the device and switching to the Note 9. Should I do this?

0 Likes
Sascha76
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I wouldn't just wait for the note 10 if you have to it would make more sense
0 Likes
Ditman
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello everyone! I've been following this discussion for a few days and this is my first post. I'mIfrom Bulgaria and got the S10 model (Exynos) on March 15. The first days the battery was awful but after doing all the steps for better battery+ hard reset my phone got better overall. The last 2-3 days I'm getting SOT- 6 hours and 50 minutes average. My settings are: FHD+ resolution, Optimized battery mode, Adaptive battery-on, Auto brightness-off, Night mode-on (only for the night). I'm a heavy user also. Using both WiFi and LTE, Facebook, Instagram, Netflix, Youtube, Browsing, Spotify and sometime playing games. The picture shows my last battery performance. What do you think? Do I have bad battery or not?Screenshot_20190327-141812_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Ditman wrote:

Hello everyone! I've been following this discussion for a few days and this is my first post. I'mIfrom Bulgaria and got the S10 model (Exynos) on March 15. The first days the battery was awful but after doing all the steps for better battery+ hard reset my phone got better overall. The last 2-3 days I'm getting SOT- 6 hours and 50 minutes average. My settings are: FHD+ resolution, Optimized battery mode, Adaptive battery-on, Auto brightness-off, Night mode-on (only for the night). I'm a heavy user also. Using both WiFi and LTE, Facebook, Instagram, Netflix, Youtube, Browsing, Spotify and sometime playing games. The picture shows my last battery performance. What do you think? Do I have bad battery or not?Screenshot_20190327-141812_Settings.jpg

You are getting 18h+ standby with nearly 7h screen on time in my opinion it's very good for the S10 variant

Ditman
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Thank you for your quick reply, Tehki8. Btw I still haven't got the update.
0 Likes
youurayy
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

S10+ here.
Anyone tried disabling background use for apps like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook?  +disabling most autosync items on Google accounts

Also Settings -> Google -> Location -> Recent Requests -> remove location permission / uninstall app if not needed / disable background use etc.

The coming update improves battery life, is this confirmed?

0 Likes
Daveya
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

UK Exynos , I'm getting superb battery 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cptrihs7d2315b/Screenshot_20190327-212435_Settings.jpg?dl=0

I hammer my phone more than most, it's my main work tool, I use 2 SIms and spend most of the day on LTE working on the phone 

WQHD auto bright and adaptive battery are on

Don't know how to post a pic but today got 8 hrs screen time 

0 Likes
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@cara1 wrote:
Tehki8 - I just did a search on site link and no update is available for the S10. Only the S10e a s S10+ are listed...can anyone confirm that there is a firmware update for the S10 and not the other models?

Search for this model number SM-G973F, if it's a European model

0 Likes
Curt_Interludes
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I've got a 75f in the uk
0 Likes
Tehki8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

SM-G970F is the S10e model

SM-G973F is the S10 model

SM-G975F is the S10+ model

These model number are the European/global variants. 

Samsung dream to roll out update to different countries and network version in a phased approach. 

0 Likes
Curt_Interludes
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I wonder when the s10 plus will get the update in the UK?

Meddrissi
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the SM-G973F when will it receive the update that will fix this ? I am really unpatient: I need to charge my S10 twice per day only to use it for 6 hours on screen normal usage !

0 Likes
haroony212
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
0 Likes