Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Android Auto / Mirrorlink

(Topic created on: 06-02-2022 07:25 PM)
Anglo_Rat_
First Poster
Options
S10, version 12, One UI 4, security update January. 
Bought a newish Peugeot 208 and tried to link up my S10 with no luck. Tried my wifes A47 and booted up, with no issues. 
I have been tried to update myself with some of the issues others have had, but I'm not sure how to resolve this,. I have cleared the cache and tried to re-pair the device. 
I've even tried my J6 and this also connected straight away. 
I've read that you need to use the original cable that came with the phone, but my S10 cable has a USB C at both ends and no USB C plug in the car, just a USB A. 
Even bought a new charge /Data cable in an attempt to resolve. 
Anyone with an S10 managed to get around this?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Anglo_Rat_
First Poster
Options
UPDATE

I've bought a new cable that two people said solved the s10 connection for the, but not for me.
Yesterday I wiped my S10 with a factory reset and tried to connect before I reloaded with my usual apps and files, still no luck.
At the moment I'm thinking of putting my sim in my old J7 and running with that.
0 Likes
DarthDvN
Apprentice
Options

Hi @Anglo_Rat_, S10 user here with the Android 12 update.

Two things:
1. In June 2020, Samsung dropped the support for MirrorLink which was implemented in the Car Mode application, available in Galaxy Store. So you won't be able to run this mode unless you try installing it unofficially from some APK mirror sites. Now you can use only Android Auto.

2. I used different USB cables and I can confirm that it doesn't need to be the one provided with the phone. What is required is that the cable must not be charging-only, as well as the USB C - USB A adapter. Do you have the Android Auto application installed from Google Play?

William-Cranston
First Poster
Options
Google has actually announced the end of Android Auto, I believe (For Android 12)

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/08/18/it-might-be-the-end-of-the-road-for-android-auto-on-phone-s...
0 Likes