Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S10 Android Auto / Mirror Link Connection Problems

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 07:33 PM)
brownsw54
Student
Options

I've trying to get my S10 to connect to my Suzuki Infotainment through USB now for nearly a week. Previously my S8 worked perfectly. I have literally tried everything, developer options ADB USB debug, USB Connection types, Android Auto flickered up once but but nothing since then. It appears that the infotainment system is not recognising the S10 for some reason, I have Google this now for days but nothing appears to work, even tried a factory reset. Does anyone have a solution?20200505_130713.jpg

20200505_130659.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Alpha07
Voyager
Options

Hello there! I'm sorry for you troubles using the Android Auto feature of your Samsung smartphone. I myself am not familiar with Android Auto or MirrorLink, so I'm afraid I don't have any solutions to your problem. Do you mind telling me what you have done to try fix this problem?

0 Likes
Solution
brownsw54
Student
Options

After extensive research,  and setting USB debugging (that did not work for me) and trying every option under Default USB configuration (not of these worker for me either). I decided to try one more USB cable and eureka to my astonishment Android Auto finally worked. There are a couple of steps you need to follow.

I am connecting to a Bocsh infotainment system:

1. The infotainment system must be on before the phone is connected via USB

2. The phone must be connected via Bluetooth before you connect you phone via USB to the CAR

3. Connect you phone to the CAR via USB

I have noticed if I leave my phone connected via USB and shut down the car and restart, everything reconnectS OK, however if I disconnect my phone from the USB and shutdown, I need to repeat the steps I listed above, no idea why.

DoubleARon1878
First Poster
Options

i am having this same issue with my S10+ connecting to my 2020 Seat Leon FR, my phone does not even charge when i connect the USB never mind android auto, absolute nightmare the whole thing.

0 Likes
philnelkin
First Poster
Options

A huge thank you. Lots of people are flagging this issue with other devices. I was using a longer cable and swapped to a short, cable. Now the Android Connect works. Thanks again. 

0 Likes
PandoraExplorer
First Poster
Options
Has anyone found a solution to this? I have the same. Won't connect to s21 all of a sudden but if I try my fiancé's s20 it works fine. Tried all different cables as well. ???
0 Likes