Original topic:

S10+ Android 10 update slow download

(Topic created on: 21/12/19 13:43)
itsphobia
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello,

I've got a problem with downloading latest software update. It's been downloading all day. Literally ALL DAY.

And it's just got over the half. Friends who also have the same device downloaded and updated successfully within 10 minutes.

Changing from Wi-Fi to mobile data did not change anything. Still slow. Never had a problem with previous updates...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
Kamsung
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Found a solution. 

Run through a vpn. 

Downloaded supervpn which is free. Run it. The download was done for the firmware update within 2mins. 

I'm on EE. Solution worked for my wife's and 2 of my brothers too. 

View solution in context

56 REPLIES 56
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Was this update directly from your phones software update section @itsphobia  ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Kimmy2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi, came onto the community this morning. I allowed my update to start at 11pm last night, its still going through now! Probably around 2% has completed and advising 11hours to go. Any ideas on why. I have enough storage on the phone. Thanks

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Sometimes the download time does show quite high but then when it starts the time dramatically reduces.

Are you using a good Wifi connection to download the update @Kimmy2  ?

Or are you using a network data connection ?

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Kimmy2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

All night long. Ive never experienced a software update to go on more than 7hours. Wifi connection has no issues. Ive ran a speed test and currently running at 120mbps. Ive turned off my mobile data connection also, just to be sure the phone isnt trying to connect to that at the same time. Have you managed to update your software? 

Thanks for your reply 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

That's weird then @Kimmy2 

I'm in the UK using a Samsung Note 10+ 5G so still awaiting the Samsung One Ui 2.0 Android 10 update.

That said when ever I've updated to a main new firmware it's usually pretty fast !

According to Samsungs Schedule its die to the UK in January 2020.

Was your update directly from your phones update section  ?

Can you get to a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre if all else fails and it continues ?

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Kimmy2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Im using the s10+ and allowed the update from the settings also. Im going to pause the update for now, the time to complete is increasing, however the bar seems to have moved to around 10% complete. Think I will call Samsung, dont fancy a trip into town the weekend before Christmas
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I was hoping the update was direct from your phone as this means it's an official Samsung update.

Something is either glitching or the Samsung Servers are extremely busy @Kimmy2 

I appreciate the City Centres will be pretty busy at this time of year.

May I ask did you buy the phone directly from Samsung  ?

And what part of the world are you in ?

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Kimmy2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My phone is direct from EE and im in the UK. Software update go automatically go through on my handset.  Im thinking it maybe the servers as Ive just checked EE's community page and there are posts on there about this issue. Ive paused the update for now. Thank you for your help 

BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It does seem strange as Samsungs schedule shows January 2020 for release.

However I'm sure not many will complain at getting the update early.

I was tempted to join Beta but I need my phone to be stable.

I'd be grateful if you guys could give an update on how you find the new firmware and features it brings and if you've found any bugs.

Until then I'll await patiently  :winking-face:

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Brett2
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi I am having the same problem my wife has a s10 and that was done in 5 mins I've got 20 hours to go . My phone is with ee my wifes with Tesco wonder if that has something to do with it because it will have ee stuff on the update as well so come from the ee server?? 

0 Likes
Kimmy2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi im also on EE, i will call at 8am when they open. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Brett2 wrote:

Hi I am having the same problem my wife has a s10 and that was done in 5 mins I've got 20 hours to go . My phone is with ee my wifes with Tesco wonder if that has something to do with it because it will have ee stuff on the update as well so come from the ee server?? 

In regards to Network supplied phones i.e branded the networks have their own CsC code and flavour of Android 10 which can mean either no changes or the networks ask Samsung to remove / de activate features to stop any possibility of clashing with their network services.

The updates come from Samsung after the network authorises the push out usually after testing as far as I'm aware.

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Brett2
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Appears strange that all of us are with EE . My wifes S10 was downloaded and installed in under 10 mins . I have 21 hours 31 mins left.
Kimmy2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @Brett2  @itsphobia @BandOfBrothers  just to let you know, ive called Samsung spoke to a really helpful agent called Isac, and they have advised it seems to be an issue, with a few network providers. They have advised to remain connected to wifi and with the phone on charge incase the battery runs low. Not to pause the update either and it will eventually run through 🤞.

itsphobia
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Thanks @Kimmy2 for the heads up.
However my friend is in EE as well and she did her update in about 10 mins...
Anyway, my update is now installed. Everything seems to be fine. I like the new animation style. Camera menu is also an improvement.
0 Likes
Kimmy2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Fab. Glad your all sorted. Im still on 20hours!!! Enjoy the new features and merry christmas @itsphobia 

Solution
Kamsung
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Found a solution. 

Run through a vpn. 

Downloaded supervpn which is free. Run it. The download was done for the firmware update within 2mins. 

View solution in context

richie1105
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Kamsung wrote:

Found a solution. 

Run through a vpn. 

Yep your right it worked!!!! Thanks a lot mate!
Kimmy2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thank you very much. All done now in 10mins! 

0 Likes
Sherixxx
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
You sir are my hero!!!! Thank youuuuuu!!!!
0 Likes