Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 and Cancelling Trade in ???

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 04:47 PM)
DanYZFR6
Student
Options

I pre ordered my S10 with a trade in of my galaxy S7 Edge which they say is £200 so arranged the finance of the S10 on £599. I've had my S10 but things have changed and I've called trying to cancel my trade in, I was hoping to rearrange the finance or just pay the £200 difference over the phone.

I thought this would be simple enough but the Samsung support op told me that because I'm not trading in my S7 I have to return my S10 and there's nothing he can do.

This seems crazy to return my S10 just to order another one.

Can this be right or do I have any other options??

Thanks for any help or advice.

Dan

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Bulldog99
Journeyman
Options

It is right , it does say it in the trade in small print but there is a way around it

Failure to provide your Existing Handset within this time period will mean that you will be required to return your New Handset to us " or " pay back the discount you received on your New Handset.

Just hold onto the S7 and wait for them to bill you for £200.

I had the same when i returned 2 galaxy watches to get the free chargers  with the watches in black friday deals.

To be fair i had the new watches and chargers the next day and was fully refunded  in 3.

0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options

@DanYZFR6 wrote:

I pre ordered my S10 with a trade in of my galaxy S7 Edge which they say is £200 so arranged the finance of the S10 on £599. I've had my S10 but things have changed and I've called trying to cancel my trade in, I was hoping to rearrange the finance or just pay the £200 difference over the phone.

I thought this would be simple enough but the Samsung support op told me that because I'm not trading in my S7 I have to return my S10 and there's nothing he can do.

This seems crazy to return my S10 just to order another one.

Can this be right or do I have any other options??

Thanks for any help or advice.

Dan

3.4   Your participation in the Trade In Programme is subject to you providing the Existing Handset
to us within 7 days of receiving your New Handset. The Existing Handset must meet the
minimum requirements set out in clause 5.2. Should you fail to provide the Existing Handset to
us within 7 days of receipt of your New Handset you will be required to return your New Handset
to us, or you will be asked to pay back the upfront discount you received. Failure to provide
your New Handset or payment, to Samsung will result in legal proceedings being taken against
you to recover the device.

DanYZFR6
Student
Options

Seems strange that I rang them today to pay the upfront discount back as I don't want to trade in anymore and they said this wasn't even an option.

I'm happy enough to wait for a bill though 😁 

If it's just the £200 upfront discount that's fine with me. Hopefully they don't sting me with a further penalty for not trading in.

I think I'll call back tomorrow and quote the terms and conditions to them and hopefully get it resolved with them rather than waiting to be billed.

Thanks for the advice and info. Its much appreciated.

p13tro
Explorer
Options

I got the s10 plus on trade in program but I now do not want to keep it. Do I return the handset with the original dpd returns label OR wait for the separate trade in returns envelope  which I still haven't received?? Any help would be appreciated  

0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options

@p13tro wrote:

I got the s10 plus on trade in program but I now do not want to keep it. Do I return the handset with the original dpd returns label OR wait for the separate trade in returns envelope  which I still haven't received?? Any help would be appreciated  

Return with the label that came in the package, DPD. Do not return with the other one that came

in an envelope marked Samsung,  as this will go to The recycling company.

0 Likes
p13tro
Explorer
Options
Thank you for that Colin. Documentation in the original package is misleading then. I will return using original returns method.
0 Likes
Ichy02
First Poster
Options

Hey Dan,

I'm in a similar position to you now. I pre-ordered the new Samsung galaxy s21 and saw that I could save a decent amount if I traded in my old phone. 

However, due to unforeseen circumstances I've had to give my old phone to my sister.

I just wanted to know if you ever did get charged the amount above for not returning your old smartphone?

Thanks, Ichy.

0 Likes
Stokiedan
First Poster
Options
Hi,
Yeah I tried to contact Samsung a few times to let them know I won't be trading in and got nowhere.
Samsung kept sending emails saying they hadn't received my trade in and eventually they contacted me and I was able to pay over the phone 👍

Hope this helps.

Dan
0 Likes