Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Region locked so Samsung Pay won't work.

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 05:34 AM)
2use
Apprentice
Options

So I've purchased my Samsung Galaxy S10+ from Iraq however it was imported from Jordan. I brought it with me to the UK. The Sim is unlocked and I can use a UK sim freely just as I am doing so now. However it keeps telling me that I cannot connect to Samsung Pay. I contacted customer support and they didn't even have an answer. I contacted the customer support in Jordan who weren't very helpful and gave no advice. I'm wondering if I can somehow remove this middle eastern lock on my phone or somehow Samsung Pay would work as I can't use Google Pay either due to the fact it wants me to verify my identity so I have to send of my passport or ID in which I'm not so willing to do.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately a phone that has been imported from one country to the other may have features that just won't work.

Region lock is to stop another sim card being used and is lifted by making up to a 10 minute call in the country of origin with a local sim card to a local number.

Your issue is different.

For example I'm in the UK and when the Note 7 was recalled i was going to buy the Note Fe but quickly became aware Samsung Pay wouldn't work. So I abandoned that idea.

People used Google Pay instead.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
2use
Apprentice
Options

Yeah that's helpful, oh wait it isn't. I know it's a different issue which is why I said that its not the sim I care about I just want to know about if I can get Samsung Pay somehow working. I've had to research and visit a thousand sites to figure out that you should just go to a Samsung Support Centre instead.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@2use wrote:

Yeah that's helpful, oh wait it isn't. I know it's a different issue which is why I said that its not the sim I care about I just want to know about if I can get Samsung Pay somehow working. I've had to research and visit a thousand sites to figure out that you should just go to a Samsung Support Centre instead.

So are you advising you've managed to get Samsung Pay working  ?

Your accepted solution does not lead to a solution.

0 Likes
2use
Apprentice
Options

With the current situation I haven't been able to visit a Samsung Support Centre however others in similar situations have and they've solved the issue there.

0 Likes
Byuldal
Student
Options
Was you able to fix this? My s20+ samsung pay wont let me too as it wants a Korean sim card
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It may not work if this is an imported phone as it's set up to accept that countries cards as it has that countries csc and firmware on it.

Or it'll accept but be in that countries language or have ad's in that language.

The only way is a Custom rom but that has to be broached carefully. More info is on xdadevelopers.com @Byuldal 

Byuldal
Student
Options
thanks for your response! i can live without it then. :smiling-face: i never used samsung pay or google pay before so i wanted to try it out but i dont need it.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Google Pay should work.

I use an imported N20 Ultra Snapdragon version and Google Pay works without issue 

I've not tried Samsung Pay on it because it's not my go to digital payment option.

2use
Apprentice
Options
if you want you can flash your phone with the software for your country and it should work. The website is called sammobile.com
0 Likes