Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Samsung S10+app

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 09:09 AM)
btjcheetham
First Poster
Options

After the recent Samsung Update my Swann Security app is no longer working on my mobile data (works fine on WiFi). have tried to reset the DVR, reset the Modem, changed the permissions on the app. Nothing. Does anyone have a similar issue. Contacted Swann and was told it is provider issue. Called the provider, was on the phone with them for 2 hours, but issue could not be resolved. All other security apps are still working fine on the mobile data, just the Swann app is not. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Kind Regards

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@btjcheetham: Can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Swann Security > Mobile Data > Allow Background Data Usage > On > Allow app while Data Saver on > On. If the issue persists, head to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Put Unused Apps To Sleep > Off > Apps That won't Be Put To Sleep > Select your security app. 

0 Likes
btjcheetham
First Poster
Options

I HAVE JUST BEEN ADVISED THE FOLLOWING AND IT WORKED. CAMERAS ARE NOW WORKING ON MOBILE DATA

Important Notice: Swann Security video not loading on Telstra mobile data after Samsung Update Affects: Live view, camera configuration

Update: The issue has been confirmed on other carriers.  Please try the troubleshooting shown below if you have similar issues regardless of the carrier network in use.  

We have confirmed that after updating Samsung phones to Android 11 on the Telstra network, the phones are unable to stream live view or change settings using the Swann Security app while connected to mobile data.

The issue has been identified on the Telstra network where the recent Android update would cause the APN to select IPv6 only.

The workaround for this issue is to temporarily create a new APN on the phone using the settings detailed in the article below. Please check the Swann website and follow the instructions on how to create a VPN

Creating an IPv4 APN

0 Likes