Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent apps

(Topic created on: 15-04-2022 02:24 AM)
Alemonster
Student
Options
Upgraded to the latest software I stall and for some reason the latest apps don't appear when pressing the 3 stripes. (S10).
All I get there now is calendar,clock, notepad and calculator. 
Does anyone know what's going on. I've search through all the settings and nothing at all. Unless I'm totally in the wrong place. Can anyone help please?
10 REPLIES 10
PipDev
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same problem with my S20FE and I don't think we're the only ones. I've reported but not had a satisfactory answer yet - Samsung blaming 3rd Party apps. Will report back if I get any sense out of them!
Notnats
Journeyman
Options
Same issue here, can't find a fix S20+
sortitout
Pathfinder
Options
Please keep on top of this it's driving me crazy, it's a disgrace.
PipDev
Journeyman
Options
I've had a response from Samsung, and the functionality to view recents apps has definitely been removed with this latest update. If the Recommended apps are no use to you, you can turn them off in the settings. Samsung have just said to post in the Community if we want Recents back, which is what we are doing here! Suggest we bombard them 😆
Alemonster
Student
Options
Nice one... I've already removed then... haha.
What the hell are they thinking, more useful than you would think tbh.
Knfruitbat
Apprentice
Options
Same on s21 ultra, can easily remove the totally pointless "recommended" apps using the 3 dots at the top, but can't get recent back. Another case of taking away perfectly functional and replacing with pointless. Can't even change what is there at the moment.
PipDev
Journeyman
Options
I have a fix for S20 but don't know if it will work for other models... Try this:
Settings > Display > Edge panels > Panels > Apps > Edit > More (3 dots top right) > Show recent apps > Turn this On.
You'll now be able to view recent apps by swiping the right edge of your screen.
fastauntie
Apprentice
Options

Same here with S20. I've turned off Show Recent Apps & turned recent ones on in my edge panel but of course still have the zrecents button reflex which can't be unlearned overnight. There are a lot of threads complaining about this & one said the devs said it would be fixed "in a future update". I replied that it had better be the *next* update & am continuing to post on every thread I find to be sure they know how much demand there is to restore the previous function. Unchangeable recommendations for apos you don't use and don't intend to are really just advertising.

0 Likes
oathbound
Apprentice
Options

This is the most helpful suggestion yet - thank you! 

Flip users won't like it, because the edges of our screens are already dead zones.  pulling out those side trays already feels like it only happens when i don't want it. 

I miss the recent apps in the app switcher that is access by tapping the hamburger.  

0 Likes