Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Samsung Music" app stutters! Cuts out milliseconds of sound!

(Topic created on: 18-03-2023 07:34 PM)
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
I use the "Samsung Music" app to play the music collection which I keep on my Samsung S10+ phone, but there is a serious problem during the playback. The music is intermittently clipped. A millisecond of sound is cut! The sound is continuous but tiny parcels of sound are missing, over and over again! This wrecks the performance. It occurs several times during the playing of every track! It drives me crazy.

It's as if my Samsung phone or the app cannot take a complete FLAC sound-file and ensure that every millisecond of it is faithfully played. When I play my collection on my Sony Walkman I do not have any problem at all with the playback. So what is the Sony Walkman doing that my Samsung phone is not?

Is the problem with the phone or with the Samsung Music app? I think the problem is with the phone, because sometimes I use the VLC app to play the same music but the same problem occurs. My S10+ phone is simply not capable of playing the whole of a FLAC file without stumbling over tiny parcels of sound. 

I have reported this problem in detail on the error page in "Samsung Members" but the response has been that I should record a track in which this fault occurs and then within 10 minutes of the fault occurring I should send the track and a report via "Samsung Members" so that the "Samsung Members" app will take various items of information from my phone. So this afternoon I used the Samsung "Recorder" app when a track was stuttering as described above, but as soon as I pressed the app's Record button the music stopped! So how can I possibly give "Samsung Members" a recording of the fault?

I've told Samsung members that this fault occurs, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's experiencing it, so they ought to be proactive.

Does anybody have any views on this issue?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
Thanks, rat23. Can you tell me what the bluetooth settings SHOULD be in Developer Options, please?
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
@Anonymous User, hopeful news: I installed Poweramp and it seems to work perfectly. Testing it thoroughly this afternoon with bluetooth headphones.

However, have recalled that I used cable between phone and headset in hope the Samsung Music problem was due to bluetooth, but the problem remained.
0 Likes
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
@Anonymous User, here's a screenshot of my bluetooth settings in Developer Options.Screenshot_20230319_083148_Settings_27922_1679214709.jpg
0 Likes
john816
First Poster
Options

hi there, l am having the same problem or at least a very similar one. lm not familiar with computer system so pardon for any inaccuracies. 

what l experienced was stutters in various apps , youtube , Samsung music, and other video applications as well. the stutter happens extremely frequently , around once per 3 seconds. it happens during videos as well as music tracks, and the stutters appears when lm not using bluetooth either. 

this problem is extremely annoying and l cant use my phone for any video or audio entertainment . 

l just started experiencing this today and l just found this post. l didnt submit any report yet to any samsung support.

l have tried multiple solutions l found online that for similar situation, including rebooting my phone, reinstalling youtube, clear youtibe cache, force stop youtube. however nothing worked.

l hope this issue will be fix soon. please let me know what else can l do to solve this problem.

0 Likes
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
John816, please use the Error Report area of Samsung Members to report your experiences of this problem. They will tell you to file another report with them within 10 minutes of the problem occurring and to ensure that Samsung Members can take from your phone all the logs that may help the technicians work out what's going wrong. I've done this twice now and can only hope that it will help them figure out what's going wrong. My latest theory is that there is a problem with the Samsung phone's software and that a new update is required. To my surprise a new system update was available this morning but I haven't tested any of my music-playing apps since installing that new update. I will do so tomorrow.

The Samsung Members Error Report section also asks you to record the sound problem and send them the recording. I tried to do that using the Samsung inbuilt Recorder but the moment I press the Record button the music app is switched off, so I wasn't able to provide them with a recording of the glitch.

Anyway please use the Error Report section. The more reports they receive from people like us, the more data they will have.
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
My problem is solved. I did a factory reset on my headphones, and I deleted the bluetooth pairing on my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

My procedure now is as follows, and it's been working very well for a week.

1. Switch on headphones.
2. On the smartphone open the Sony "Connect" app, and command the app to pair the phone with the headphones. The app then chooses a perfect pairing between the two, so that there are practically no more stutters!

However, I wear my bluetooth headphones when I'm doing work in the garden, and I still very occasionally hear a stutter. But on every occasion on which this happens it has been because I have bent and twisted my body for a moment, usually when leaning down towards the ground, so that the signal from the smartphone in my right trouser pocket cannot immediately reach the receiver in the headphones on my head!

I have ordered an inexpensive chest bag, which you wear like a harness. The bag is big enough to pop a smartphone into. The phone will then be much closer to the headphones and there will not be an obstruction between the two. I think this will help cut out the remaining stutters. I will try to remember to report back to this thread as to how this goes.
0 Likes