Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"Media volume sync" option missing after update

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 12:56 PM)
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options

As of today I can no longer control volume on my Bluetooth headset separately from the phone. Now the volume is too high on the lowest setting. Prior to today under advanced in the Bluetooth settings there was an option to toggle media volume sync but it is gone now. Before anyone suggests using developer mode to disable absolute volume, that does nothing.

Go to solution
97 REPLIES 97
Monki
First Poster
Options

Thanx it worked 

0 Likes
1radman
First Poster
Options

Disable Absolute Volume didn't work, but this is what did work:

(I don't know if every step is necessary, but here goes)

Turn off Disable Absolute Volume

Unpair all bluetooth devices

Apps-->System Apps-->Bluetooth-->Storage-->Clear data

Turn off Bluetooth

Reboot

Turn on Bluetooth

Pair with device

jivatmaji
Apprentice
Options

exactly the same worked for me

0 Likes
Chimmy
First Poster
Options

I connected my Bluetooth earbuds and turned the volume down all the way on my phone. Then I factory reset my earbuds and reconnected them. This fixed the sound on my earbuds where media played very quietly. Not sure if this would resolve the sound is too high issue if done in the opposite manner but I hope this helps.

(Note: Sound still isn't as loud as when played through other devices, e.g. a PC, but it's better than the previous whisper. The "Disable Absolute Volume" and "clearing Bluetooth cache" solutions produce the same result for me. Phone: LG G6, earbuds: Jabra elite 75T )

0 Likes
joe47
First Poster
Options

I have a galaxy s7 and my airpods volume is far too low even though it's on max volume. I have disabled 'absolute volume settings' and this has made no difference. I have paired and repaired the devices numerous times. Other users have suggested 'sync media volume' option. This isn't an option on the S7. Has anyone manage to resolve this issue for the S7

0 Likes
Glaux
First Poster
Options

Accepted solution worked for me on the S20. Crazy how a phone that costs more than a desktop PC isn't set up by default to do something as basic as controlling the volume of bluetooth devices, especially given how many of these devices (speakers, headphones, earbuds) are now on the market and used by just about everyone...

0 Likes
ldeals
First Poster
Options

@Adonyx wrote:

As of today I can no longer control volume on my Bluetooth headset separately from the phone. Now the volume is too high on the lowest setting. Prior to today under advanced in the Bluetooth settings there was an option to toggle media volume sync but it is gone now. Before anyone suggests using developer mode to disable absolute volume, that does nothing.

had same issue , but it works, volume is up and loud now.... lots of tricks

0 Likes
Members_al4FYh9
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung S10e, and a problem of excessive volume when I insert my Aukey EP-T25 earbuds. I cannot find Developer Options anywhere in my settings, and so cannot access the 'Disable Absolute Volume'. Can someone give me a hand?

0 Likes