Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"Media volume sync" option missing after update

(Topic created on: 27-12-2019 08:05 AM)
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options

As of today I can no longer control volume on my Bluetooth headset separately from the phone. Now the volume is too high on the lowest setting. Prior to today under advanced in the Bluetooth settings there was an option to toggle media volume sync but it is gone now. Before anyone suggests using developer mode to disable absolute volume, that does nothing.

97 REPLIES 97
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options
As I stated in the original post.
"Disable absolute volume does nothing"
0 Likes
Adrock318
Apprentice
Options

It 100% worked for me on my Galaxy S10+. Did you try un-pairing and re-pairing your phone to your device? 

0 Likes
Solution
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options
I did try that but it didn't work. Tried it again and it worked. The sequence must be important. This time (the time that worked) I unpaired the device, then used "disable absolute volume" in developer options, then re-paired the device. Now it works. I have independent volume control again.
Snapshotstacy
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue - and Samsung chat gave me two options that DID not work (and I'd already tried).
Fortunately, while I was waiting on responses, I found this thread... Going into developer settings to find where they buried the Absolute Volume setting is what fixed it.

I did ask the Samsung chat to log my complaint about this. She said she would. Because, honestly, I don't really WANT to keep my phone in developer mode just so I can listen to my audiobooks & music. 

Byron_Hopp
Student
Options

I cannot find "Disable Absolute Volume" in settings (using search) or under Developer Options, available in Developer Options:

Log output level

Show TTS output

Node Tree Debugging

If I set my earbuds to lower and increase the volume, it's the same as pressing the volumne up/down on the left side of my Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.

Byron_Hopp
Student
Options

I was able to get the Developer Options to show up on my settings, found "disable absolute volume" but it does not seem to matter weather it is on or off my buds do not get loud enough.  Does anybody know how to get these to work, the investment in time is pathetic, this is Lawerence, Kansas, Samsung anybody out there, anybody at all???  I'm just trying to turn up the volume on my EarBuds...

AnnikabReeves
First Poster
Options

I tried doing the same thing with finding the developer options, but I was unable to find "media volume sync". Where do you look to find this option?

0 Likes
jjsuzukiv
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. It worked for me, with an S10e and a Seinheiser bluetooth earphones. Think never gonna update my phone again. 

0 Likes
jjsuzukiv
Apprentice
Options

In Android 10, One UI 2.0 version, go to "Settings", search "Developer Options" and then in "Networking" section it is the option, below "Show Bluetooth devices without names". Good luck!

0 Likes
Snapshotstacy
Apprentice
Options

@Byron_Hopp wrote:

I was able to get the Developer Options to show up on my settings, found "disable absolute volume" but it does not seem to matter weather it is on or off my buds do not get loud enough.  Does anybody know how to get these to work, the investment in time is pathetic, this is Lawerence, Kansas, Samsung anybody out there, anybody at all???  I'm just trying to turn up the volume on my EarBuds...

After you disabled your absolute volume, did you unpair & re-pair your headphones? Once I re-paired the connection, I was able to turn my volume down enough. (Opposite of your problem, but should be the same fix.)

0 Likes