Original topic:

Quick panel button grid - S10e Android 10

(Topic created on: 23/12/19 19:16)
Mrclius
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi there,

Am I missing something or has the option to change the button grid in quick panel been removed?

Wouldn't be surprised as samsung is known for removing useful features because they feel like it. 

PS. I kind of regret updating to 10. Battery live is slightly worse, few functions are missing (can't see screen battery usage in device care anymore, can't change button grid in quick panel). 

Everything was so ***** good on 9 and why oh why did I update 😞

30 REPLIES 30
yecundha
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same for me. Right after the last update of this week or last week, I lost it. That's just a stupid behavior of Samsung again.

Complete disrespect. They choose to remove this feature, don't know why or what for. 

I wrote them. And I strongly encourage everyone of use to complain and write to them about it. That's unacceptable for a device costing that price seriously. 

Zebsys
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same here for the missing Grid after the update, not amused. 

MikeZu
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same on Note 10+. Annoying because now i don't have 6 but just 4 icons in a row! I have my Philips HUE light settings there. I need those on the first page.

AVF
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I hate this.... Really really hate that they took away a customizable feature.... Seems like they're becoming more like Apple. I chose Samsung because of the customizability and its disappointing that they are taking this away. Please Samsung, adjust in a future iteration to return choosing button grid customization. 

yecundha
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Worse than Apple. Apple has an international Warranty and you can complain to their shops where you find some competent sellers. Try going to a Samsung shop to ask for some basic details about your phone or their watch, and you'll feel you looks like Einstein
yecundha
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Samsung: when do you plan a rollback on this feature. Or at least an answer to your customers?

Leofurda
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the same issue.. it's very annoying. But i'm sure they'll change it back if more people constantly complain. This is the first time i will do it. Where exactly do I have to write?

yecundha
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
=> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/email-technical-question/
depending on your country, google : samsung galaxy support email address
AntS
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi all,

It was raised by testers during the S10 One UI 2 beta, but I also asked the developers if there was any update since then about this one.

Their reply:

"With the emergence of new designs and various resolution devices, quick panels also need to provide better UX.

The changed One UI version provides more buttons with 4x4 as the default arrangement.

Also, if the resolution of the device changes, it dynamically changes the arrangement of buttons accordingly.

Of course, the existing button grid menu disappears and can be awkward, but please understand that it is a process to create a better quick panel. Since the registered issue is UX concept, please keep the current status."

Thoughts on that?  I see MikeZu mentioned about needing his HUE settings on the first page of the Quick Panel. Any other things like that where customisation provides a better user experience (i.e. 'UX') alongside how the Quick Panel is currently intended to work?