Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Charge stopped working after update

(Topic created on: 23-11-2022 05:43 PM)
Jakobi
Explorer
Options
After the September security update, quick charge is no longer working. It seems to have been disabled which has also caused other USB issues (non usb issues). 

-can't connect to laptop
-can't get phone into recovery mode

I was originally told it was my usb port but that's all clean.

I've tried charging with a friend's power delivery charger & fast charging works.

This is a software issue. I know others have this issue too. So I thought I'd share.

If anyone knows how to get to the attention of Samsung engineers please advise.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
PaulM1
Options

I'm sorry that you've had cause for concern, @Jakobi. Our developers will take a detailed look at this, and will get back to you with a solution, so I recommend that you flag this by completing the Error report at your earliest convenience:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

Jakobi
Explorer
Options
Thank you for the prompt reply Paul. I've sent the error report as recommended. Do you know how long the turn around is for a response from the developers?
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's great, @Jakobi. I don't have a timeframe, as they work on a queue-based system. They'll definitely get back to you as soon as possible.

Please update the thread when you hear more.

Jakobi
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the information Paul. I'll update after I hear from them. The help is much appreciated
Jakobi
Explorer
Options
I've been monkey-ed around & been told it's a hardware issue 🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
Luke1931
Explorer
Options
My s10 phone still dose farst charging.
Lgreenwood
0 Likes
Jakobi
Explorer
Options
Mine is intermittently working with quick charge now (Possibly from cleaning port), power delivery always fast charges so 🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
Xiaomi 12S
0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
Wrong phone. Xiaomi phone.
0 Likes