Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

PSA: Abnormal data usage

(Topic created on: 28-01-2020 10:26 PM)
CHMultimedia
Voyager
Options

Hi. This post is just to ask every user who upgraded to OneUI 2 to check if the mobile data usage stats match the total of the data your device reports it consumed.

There's a few reports of people who updated their devices and now have abnormally high data usage. Here's what one person's problem looked like, you'll understand what I mean when I say that it doesn't match the total.

C9rRcT5_d.jpg

It's one example but there's a thread on the Android forums (by Google) with quite a few people reporting this issue on a variety of devices, including Europe.

So I ask that you check if this issue applies to you too and let me know. I have a "workaround" for this issue but getting the files takes a while/is expensive so I want to make sure that people in Europe are affected before I start uploading them.

As it's an issue that can directly cause you monetary losses, I am making such intervention.

Google Forums thread: https://support.google.com/android/thread/22454577?hl=en

If you are affected, please reply-

Model Number:

Multi-CSC code (it's likely OXM):

Confirm you are on OneUI 2.0/Android 10?:

Thank you.

----------------
CHMultimedia
Appareils principaux - Main Devices: S24 Ultra/Tab S9/Galaxy Watch 3 45mm

Attendez-vous à des réponses tardives mais je répondrai dès que possible - Expect late replies but I will reply as soon as I can.
20 REPLIES 20
NirNa
Student
Options

Thank you

0 Likes
Alan_Bates
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Is this where I should expect to see your update to be distributed?

Out of curiosity, what did you have in mind for a fix when you heard that these devices are burning through data?

Do you work for Samsung?

I'm just curious when this can be expected and what the fix would look like because my data plan is still bleeding out.

0 Likes
Communityname2
Student
Options

Hi were you able to get the files?

0 Likes
Alan_Bates
Apprentice
Options

Ping

CHMultimedia
Voyager
Options

Oh wow I can't believe I didn't get notified for all those replies. 

Yes I posted the files for the full S10 series (G97xF OXM). S10 and Note10 series USA is currently uploading. My most sincere apologies to everyone who waited.

Though as OneUI 2.1 is now rolling out, maybe you should try the new update and see if it fixes your issue first. If you update, you won't be able to rollback. Make sure you are on Bootloader Number/fuse 3 and not 4 before proceeding with the rollback procedure.

----------------
CHMultimedia
Appareils principaux - Main Devices: S24 Ultra/Tab S9/Galaxy Watch 3 45mm

Attendez-vous à des réponses tardives mais je répondrai dès que possible - Expect late replies but I will reply as soon as I can.
0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@CHMultimedia 

To get notify, go in your settings and activate the auto subscribe notification

Thanks for helping

ActivateActivate

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
NirNa
Student
Options

Thank you for your effort. The issues with the excessive data usage and the discrepancy between identified and real data usage were solved by the next update. However, I am highly annoyed that Samsung never replied sensibly when I raised those issues (they sent me a generic email about how to view data usage) and then ignored my next email that highlighted their lack of helpful response and argued why the problem is with their software and not with my specific phone. I also resent that their bug cost me $30 AUD, which I asked them to pay me back, again with no response. Obviously, they don’t care about their consumers – only about profit!

0 Likes
Sem75
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue. Highly excessive mobile data usage is reported on my rather new S10, OneUi2.1 is installed, also Android 10. I have all the latest updates, still have this issue. Samsung really needs to work on this, as this is completely eating up my mobile data, and it is really annoying that endusers can not check which app uses the data.

I have installed the "Data counter widget" App, which reports the same high values.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Jennifer2020
First Poster
Options
Hiya

Having the same issues and need this sorted as now paying for additional internet
0 Likes
BrokenCameraGlass
First Poster
Options

Same issue. S22 Ultra latest OS, visited NZ and apps say 20gb used, phone says 43gb total. Where is this missing ~23Gb, and how is this issue still happening in 2023? 

0 Likes