Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with galaxy s10

(Topic created on: 19-11-2022 05:14 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I have had my refurbished galaxy s10 for a couple of weeks and have noticed that twice when I have been on calls and put my phone on loudspeaker whilst I was doing something else and both times the people I was talking to said they couldn't hear me when I put my phone down and put on loudspeaker. Is there possibly a setting that needs to be set so people can hear me if I put my phone on loudspeaker??
0 Likes
Go to solution
29 REPLIES 29
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
PaulM1
I forgot to ask you before is it normal for my phone to get hot when charging or using it ?
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Thank you for taking my personal information down, I appreciate it very much
0 Likes
MrButtPlug
First Poster
Options
Happened to my s9 not sure what it is I know that it had two microphones and when you put it on speaker it switches I think maybe one was broken it just randomly stopped working also
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
PaulM1 hi Paul to answer your question about the speaker, when I put the loudspeaker on if I have to put the phone down on my table to continue my conversation on the phone, it has happened twice when I have put my loudspeaker and both people on separate calls said to me as soon as I put my phone on loudspeaker they both said they couldn't hear anything at all. Do you think it might be something I can check in settings, there is nothing to test on the diagnostics tests for a loudspeaker, I can check everything on the diagnostics except that.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Bev54. I'm sorry that I haven't seen your replies until now. Better late than never, I hope!

Do you have any way to test this yourself by calling your own number and asking one of your friends or family members put the call on loudspeaker?

What did the retailer advise you when you reported this issue?

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
PaulM1
Hi Paul thank you for your reply, I have tested the loudspeaker with another friend and when I turned the loudspeaker on on my galaxy my friend couldn't hear me when I put loudspeaker on my phone, I have contacted where I purchased my s10 from and they said send it back as it has a 12 month warranty
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for keeping me updated, @Bev54. As you have identified this issue and the retailer is happy to accept a return, I definitely think that this would be the best course of action. If you haven't sent your phone back yet, please make sure that you have backed up all of your important data:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
PaulM1
I have tested the double mic on my galaxy s10 and both mic's are very very quiet when I have tested them, so I tested the mic's on my galaxy A12 and A13 and they came back normal and when i talked into the mic to test them and then played them back they was very loud . When I have tested both mic's on galaxy s10 and both play back very very quiet even though I had my volume on high. I am putting up a screenshot of what it says on my galaxy s10 about the mic's, I have made sure there is no personal information on it.Screenshot_20221209_130620_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Bev54: Further to the suggestions in the Microphone test, please can you check to see if anything is blocking your microphones? They are pin hole sized, and situated at the top and bottom of the device (above the front camera, and to the right of the USB port). If nothing is obstructing the mics, then I recommend getting in touch with our Help Desk via the link below to arrange an engineers inspection, as the issue is likely to be hardware related. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
AndrewL
Hi Andrew thank you for your reply, I have checked the mic's to see if they was blocked and I couldn't see anything blocking them. When I received the device 8 weeks ago I noticed on the second week when I put my phone on loudspeaker that the person on the other end said they couldn't hear me and then it happened again shortly after that but I've not had anybody say they can't hear me on normal speaker so I've always thought the one speaker has been good, it wasn't until i did the diagnostics check on the mic and it checks both mics that the result with saying both mics require action. I have a 12-month warranty with the place where I bought this refurbished phone from and I've been in contact with them when I realised the loudspeaker mic wasn't working and they said to send it back and they would repair or replace but as it the loudspeaker is something I don't use very often I was going to leave it but but now I have done a diagnostics and the only working mic is very very low compared to me at 12 on the A13 so I think that that is not going to last much longer so I think the only thing for me to do is to send it back for repair. I really appreciate all your help and input from the Samsung team
0 Likes