Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with galaxy s10

(Topic created on: 19-11-2022 07:36 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I have had my refurbished galaxy s10 for a couple of weeks and have noticed that twice when I have been on calls and put my phone on loudspeaker whilst I was doing something else and both times the people I was talking to said they couldn't hear me when I put my phone down and put on loudspeaker. Is there possibly a setting that needs to be set so people can hear me if I put my phone on loudspeaker??
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Bev54. I wasn't sure whether the people to whom you were talking could not hear you at all whilst you were on Speaker, or whether the sound was distant or distorted. In any case, I'm sure you'll be able to get this handled very efficiently. 👍

Firstly, I'd recommend testing the Speaker and Mic using Samsung Members Diagnostics on your S10.

Our friends from Samsung US have created a helpful guide on how you can run these tests:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082542/

If the tests show no issues, then I recommend following the steps in the guide below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-the-sound-on-your-galaxy-smartphone-...

I trust that this will help. Please let me know when you get the call volume working as expected again. 

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
@PaulM1 thank you for your reply, the 2 times I have been talking on the telephone and had to put the phone down and use the loudspeaker as soon as I put it on loudspeaker for people I was talking to said they couldn't hear me that it went completely dead quiet
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Is there any chance that it might be a setting ?
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's a pleasure, @Bev54. Oh, that is odd. It's not a feature or setting, as far as I'm aware.

I'd definitely recommend running the diagnostic tests initially, as you'll get a perspective on what your callers hear.

Please give that a go, and let me know if the tests show no issue. I'd recommend doing a test call (if possible), using loudspeaker, to see if the issue happens again.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
PaulM1
Thank you for your advice, I have tried what you said with the links you gave me and the microphone and speaker was working for me to hear but when I rang my friend and put my phone on loudspeaker mu friend couldn't hear anything at all
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
PaulM1
I purchased my refurbished galaxy 2 weeks ago with 12 month warranty, do you think that I should send my phone back as they have asked me to send it after I messaged them and told them of the problem, apart from the loudspeaker the phone is great
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

If the retailer is recommending that, I agree that it's a good idea. However, it's a very unusual issue, so there could be a perfectly straightforward resolution.

Please could you check to see whether there is a software update for your S10 and, if there is, please check whether downloading and installing this resolves the issue:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-check-for-operating-system-updates-on-my-...

In addition to this, I highly recommend going through this additional guide (created by our colleagues from Samsung Zambia) about some extra steps you can follow:

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-your-microphone-or-speaker-is-not-wo...

I appreciate that it is not an exact match for the issue that you are experiencing, but the steps provided will let you thoroughly troubleshoot this before returning/replacing your S10 via the retailer.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Yes the retailer has said to send it back and they will repair or replace or if there is no replacement they will refund my money. The only problem is that instead of buying refurbished galaxy locally unfortunately this time there was no one locally who had the galaxy s10 I was looking for so I would have to send it back to them through the post. I was hoping that there might be a simple solution
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
It only updated last week
0 Likes