Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Preview picture after taking a photo

(Topic created on: 13-12-2019 10:28 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Ok so it looks like after the ui2 update that yet another useful thing has been removed !! After I took a photo I had a setting on that immediately showed the pic I had just took fully on my screen , now I can't find that setting to turn it back on after ui2

7 REPLIES 7
Galle20
Journeyman
Options
Anyone with a solution to this? Preview mode is essential and samsung has ditched it?
NR1978
First Poster
Options

I agree I am really annoyed they have done this. Whenever someone uses my phone now to take a pic for me they take 500 thinking it hasn't taken 🤬

Galle20
Journeyman
Options

Also pictures taken even in moderate lighting inside are terrible.  

The problem seems to be too high iso default setting in the auto mode. This camera can handle max 200 iso, everything beyond that is all smudges. 

Ellie_p
First Poster
Options

Guys I found the solution!!!! I was so annoyed too that I couldn't see a photo preview after taking a picture. I thought to myself, "Samsung better have a really good reason for removing that function", and turns out that they do! The function of previewing your photo after taking it is NOT gone! It's hidden! It's hidden with an additional button to take a picture. To uncover it you just have to click on the lower left button where the photos use to be and hold it for a few seconds, then drag that white button anywhere on your screen. This is awesome because they gave us a second button to take pictures that can be dragged closer to the edge for when we are taking selfies and your thumb doesn't reach the middle button. How cool is that!?20200222_183513.jpg

0 Likes
Ellie_p
First Poster
Options

Or also, if you don't  need that extra button because you don't have a short thumb problem, you can just go under settings and remove that extra button😊20200222_184257.jpg

0 Likes
Galle20
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ellie_p,

Thanks for your answer! I know there is this circle that you can tap to review the photo you just took.  But that is unfortunately not what I mean. I'm after an automatic preview mode (like in normal digital cameras) where you could even set how many seconds the picture is automatically displayed after it's taken before the camera returns back to shooting mode. 

0 Likes
peterko3
First Poster
Options

Hi Galle220

Camera Settings > Quick review ,  turn it off,