Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text not showing after the lastest android update.

(Topic created on: 08-04-2020 01:59 AM)
KrisS10
First Poster
Options

Me and few of my friends have this issue. Keyboard predictive word feature isn't working after the latest Android update (about a few days ago...). I am using this feature very often and really on it a lot. I have found some solutions like checking for updates of both keyboard and languages as well as resetting the keyboard to default, I have done it all and it still isn't working. It is definitely due to update so please try to fix this problem.

Go to solution
77 REPLIES 77
Cptnicko
First Poster
Options

Good on you. Been at it for hours until I came across your suggestion.

0 Likes
Natsarg123
First Poster
Options

solved it ! Go to keyboards and change the keyboard to the Samsung keyboard as the default . I hope this helps 😁Screenshot_20200710-135402_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Cockney1956
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have had this problem since I unlocked my S10, trying all the remedies that I could find online to no avail, out of desperation I decided to look to see if there was a free mobile version of Grammarly to my delight there is, downloaded and the problem is solved, switched to Grammarly keyboard emojis are still there perfect for me, 

Hope this helps  

0 Likes
Kim31
First Poster
Options
I did the 'clear cache' thing and it worked ...thanks a bunch
0 Likes
stephc
First Poster
Options

I too had this problem since July 12th 2020, when my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) received an update.

In Settings --> Language and Input --> On-screen keyboard --> Samsung keyboard --> Smart typing, the Predictive text button was greyed out and I could not turn it on.

I tried all the suggestions listed on this site but nothing worked.

I have finally got it working again.

In the end I went in Settings --> Apps and looked for Samsung Keyboard.

I then uninstalled it and it seemed to reinstall itself automatically. 

Strangely enough the Samsung keyboard app is no longer showing as one of my app, yet I can assure you it is on my phone. Anyway this did the trick.

Predictive text is showing again above the keyboard, and in Settings I can now toggle the predictive text button again to my hearts content. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Stickychip
Explorer
Options
@Dawn71 omg didn't quite understand all that lol. I got a bit lost in going back couldnt find the Samsung keyboard smart, but clicked samsung keyboard and it worked, how the hell did you figure this one out. thankyou so much
0 Likes
Alvw12
First Poster
Options

Go to settings, general management, language and input, language, add language, download the language you want, that will then allow you to turn on predictive text. 

0 Likes
KevinBong420
First Poster
Options

Saroson, I love you. This took me so long to find a solution  and i was panicking for a solid 10 minutes. I appreciate your comment.  Thanks for the help mate.

0 Likes
Rayzays
First Poster
Options

Not sure if anyone else is still having this problem but I finally sorted it on my phone but in a way I haven't seen anywhere else. I had to retrace my steps but it all came down to "downloading" the languages.

1. Language and input

2. On screen keyboard 

3. Samsung keyboard neural beta

4. Languages and types

5. Manage input language

You should then see all the languages with the download button next to them. I downloaded English US, UK and AU for good measure and my predictive text instantly worked after that. Interestingly the predictive text button is still greyed out but it's working nonetheless.

0 Likes
Carina1107
First Poster
Options
Thanks dawn71
it worked for me 👍
0 Likes