Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text not showing after the lastest android update.

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 10:13 AM)
KrisS10
First Poster
Options

Me and few of my friends have this issue. Keyboard predictive word feature isn't working after the latest Android update (about a few days ago...). I am using this feature very often and really on it a lot. I have found some solutions like checking for updates of both keyboard and languages as well as resetting the keyboard to default, I have done it all and it still isn't working. It is definitely due to update so please try to fix this problem.

77 REPLIES 77
Jmorrone
First Poster
Options

I just fixed this very annoying problem after nothing suggested worked, so I poked around. Go to the settings cog from a texting screen, click on languages, update whatever language you speak. Worked for me!

0 Likes
ellie_maya
First Poster
Options

Same here! I have tried all the advice and nothing worked. How can I text without that feature UGH

0 Likes
leetaylor82
First Poster
Options

Finally got mine sorted. You need to go into settings on messaging.  Go onto manage language input. Click onto English (UK) or what other languages needed. Apply the settings and you will be able to click onto predictive text after that. Hope this has helped 

0 Likes
fourfour3434
First Poster
Options
  • My problem Is the new keyboard ver. 5.0.30.10 after the update 10 v2.1 on tab S5e Which has moved the microphone icon when selected to a new separate onscreen keyboard! When using the microphone the on screen display changes and when a word is interpreted incorrectly there is no on screen dropdown word correction suggestion only when physically typing  does the prediction text work... There’s no more dropdown word suggestions! and you have to switch from the onscreen microphone display back to the onscreen keyboard to make corrections!  one more thing that is the update has added a new voice input to the keyboards settings menu ver. 2.2.0.1.3
0 Likes
Billither
First Poster
Options

SOLUTION!!!!!!!!     GO TO LANGUAGE AND TYPES... SELECT ENGLISH  AND UPDATE.. YOU HAVE UNLOCKED PREDICTIVE TEXT WALLLAHHHHHH

0 Likes
Members_6VWfen7
First Poster
Options

Worked, thanks Dawn. Mike

Geraldine16
First Poster
Options

Thank you, these steps worked!!! Yeh!

JeffOYB
Journeyman
Options

Is this really a thing? ...but I have a S7. i tried it. of course, no effect. Darn. I loved my predictive text. it disappeared a few months ago. no reason. i didn't do a thing. i want it back. somebody stole it. they need to go to jail.

0 Likes