Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text not showing after the lastest android update.

(Topic created on: 10-05-2020 12:44 PM)
KrisS10
First Poster
Options

Me and few of my friends have this issue. Keyboard predictive word feature isn't working after the latest Android update (about a few days ago...). I am using this feature very often and really on it a lot. I have found some solutions like checking for updates of both keyboard and languages as well as resetting the keyboard to default, I have done it all and it still isn't working. It is definitely due to update so please try to fix this problem.

77 REPLIES 77
mysticalchicka
First Poster
Options

didn't  work

0 Likes
Liz_1955
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for this, it worked for me x

0 Likes
Dawn71
Journeyman
Options
Great news x
0 Likes
Rathkennamike
First Poster
Options

If Predictive Text is greyed out after Android update, while the keyboard in on screen (in any app), tap the cog symbol > Language and types > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Check for Updates. Install if any, then go to Manage Input Languages (same screen) and select your prefered language(s). Then< and select Smart Typing and you should be able to select predictive text.

0 Likes
Shane41
First Poster
Options

I was trying all the 'solutions' underneathand none of them worked for me. I then further checked myself and found a solution that worked for me and hopefully can work for other people.

Setting > General Management > Language & input > On-screen keyboard > Manage Keyboards and if the  'Samsung Keyboard Nueral Beta' is showing ticked, just untick it and go back into your Samsung keyboard and it should hopefullyallow you to tick the predictive back on.

0 Likes
MarkMc78
First Poster
Options

You need to go into manage input languages and re download English 

This has probably already been solved but I could not find an answer on this thread and had to figure it out for myself

0 Likes
JS31
First Poster
Options
My predictive text option toggle is greyed out, so unable to turn on, help
0 Likes
JS31
First Poster
Options
Any solution? I gave same issue!
0 Likes
Shane41
First Poster
Options

Setting > General Management > Language & input > On-screen keyboard > Manage Keyboards and if the  'Samsung Keyboard Nueral Beta' is showing ticked, just untick it and go back into your Samsung keyboard and it should hopefullyallow you to tick the predictive back on.

0 Likes
peterfb
Apprentice
Options

I managed to get mine working by resetting my language. Works fine now. 

0 Likes