Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive text/autocorrect bugs

(Topic created on: 11-08-2022 07:22 PM)
Sqsh
Apprentice
Options

For some time now I've been experiencing annoying bugs in the keyboard's autocorrect behaviour.

The two main issues are that sometimes it will replace a word with the previous word I just typed (so I end up with two repeated words in a sentence), and that it insists on capitalising any word I have previously capitalised in what I'm currently writing. So if I start a sentence with a certain word, then use it again in the middle of another sentence, autocorrect will capitalise it every single time. I could understand it if these were infrequently used words, or words I have capitalised many times, as it might be reasonable to assume it is "supposed" to begin with a capital letter (e.g. a name), but it happens with words I very regularly type in lower case too.

Weirdly right now when I'm typing this I can't seem to force the repeated word issue to happen! But literally a few minutes ago when typing a Facebook comment I had both the repetition of a word *and* the unwanted capitalisation occur in the same comment!

If I type the word Weirdly, though, it autocapitalises as I just started the previous paragraph with it! 

10 REPLIES 10
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Sqsh Hello, you have to go to Applications and look for the keyboard used. Click on the app and in Storage clear the app's cache. If the problem persists, also delete Data and, or reinstall the App.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Options

I'm sorry but this default response DOES not help it's an on going issue that samsung is doing very well at ignoring and seeing peope who just care about their "solutions" to rank up without actually being a help...

Members_L43wCEM
First Poster
Options

I changed phone over this and now it's doing it again (S21U). Why is it a default setting and how do I make it stop? Nobody has ever wanted this. It happens whenever I type a word quickly - which is doubly infuriating. Thanks for any help.

Invisiblelemur
Student
Options

I have this same issue!! So strange. Very annoying.

Invisiblelemur
Student
Options

How do I know the name of my keyboard app..

0 Likes
Simbacaned
Apprentice
Options

Can we get someone who can read to look at this thread, please. I updated my phone for the first time in 4 years and the auto correction has, somehow, devolved 20 years in that time. This bug is one of a thousand, but it is probably the most persistent and annoying. No, i am not going to clear my auto correct cache EVERY TIME I TYPE A WORD. That was the brilliant solution you gave, by the way, so thanks for that.

Simbacaned
Apprentice
Options

This is a bug. Somehow the auto correct feature has done nothing but deteriorate over the last half decade to where it is now. You wont be able to fix this yourself until samsung decide to patch this. Which doesnt seem likely.

Simbacaned
Apprentice
Options

Ive replied to a couple people on this thread and i have to say i am dissapointed to the point of disgust by the response from samsung. This is a pathetic bug which should never have made it to a final patch. I would consider firing the entire department responsible if i were managing the updates. This may seem rash, but i actually work in software programming so believe me when i say i would be livid if there was such a simple bug, not only in the final release, but no patch for over a year. Pathetic. Truly, disgracefully pathetic.

atttim
Student
Options
There is too much predictive text before and as you text....its a total pain in the butt !!
If it doesnt change will try Google Keyboard.