Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text and auto correct has stopped after June 2020 update on S10.

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 06:26 PM)
Sunayana
Apprentice
Options

I downloaded the June 2020 update. I have tried to go to Languages ; Samsung keyboard; and the predictive text is greyed out so I cannot turn it on.

I have tried changing keyboards from English UK to English US. No joy. 

Tried findinh the cache - cannot find it but I cleaned my apps. 

Help!!! 

Go to solution
43 REPLIES 43
Fran36
Journeyman
Options

All that you have to do is to restart the phone in Safe Mode, and then restart in normal mode, and the predictive text should return.   I have lost my predictive text a few times after updates, and once for no apparent reason - but each time it re-set it by starting in Safe Mode and then restarting in normal mode.  Hope this works for you

0 Likes
Members_7YI4msu
First Poster
Options

Brilliant, thank you. Tried everything but your help was perfect. 

0 Likes
nckweeks
First Poster
Options
I'm relieved and irritated at the same time. I've spent a good few hours trying to resolve this following various advice. I had an update a week or so ago and the predictive text stopped working. I went to the smart typing setting and predictive text was greyed out and impossible to turn on. The solution in the end was to update the language option. The update failed to update the language option. Once I updated English (United Kingdom) it worked. Why the f**k didn't the language option update with the software update? Extremely frustrating and annoying.
0 Likes
JMay2
First Poster
Options

It worked!!!! 😊 Thank you!!

0 Likes