Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text and auto correct has stopped after June 2020 update on S10.

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 06:26 PM)
Sunayana
Apprentice
Options

I downloaded the June 2020 update. I have tried to go to Languages ; Samsung keyboard; and the predictive text is greyed out so I cannot turn it on.

I have tried changing keyboards from English UK to English US. No joy. 

Tried findinh the cache - cannot find it but I cleaned my apps. 

Help!!! 

Go to solution
43 REPLIES 43
Sheppy56
First Poster
Options

Found another solution and finally I have predictive text back on. If anyone is still struggling try this.......

1. Turn the phone off
  2. Press and hold the Power button until the Samsung logo appears, then release
    • Note: the Power button is located on the right edge
  3. With the Samsung logo on the screen, press and hold the Volume Down button
    • Note: the Volume Down button is located on the left edge
  4. Once Safe mode appears in the lower left corner of the screen, release the Volume Down button
0 Likes
Davodev
First Poster
Options
I too had this problem, but " Predictive text " was greyed out.
I found in " Manage keyboards " that I had activated " Samsung Keyboard Neural Beta "
Once I deactivated Beta, the greyed out Predictive Text was ok to be used.
0 Likes
Pingara27
First Poster
Options

I have an S9+ and did the recent software update. Predicitive text and auto correct option is still greyed out after I tried the fix in this thread and also the other  recommended fix regarding clearing cache. Has anyone come across any other recomendations?

0 Likes
Options
Since the June update predictive text and suggestions are not working for me, yet the predictive text option in the smart typing page is NOT greyed out and is turned on. Nor will it remember words e.g. my name and email address, so I have to type them out in full each and every time! Very frustrating, especially when having to do it a dozen times a day.

Any suggestions?

Also I'd really love to get rid of the Samsung account notification that pops up every to minutes, but the option to turn off the notification is greyed out.
0 Likes
Fran36
Journeyman
Options

Try restarting your phone in Safe mode, then the greyed out predictive text should turn blue and you can change it, then restart your phone again in normal mode.  I tried everything else suggested on this site, and Safe mode was the only thing that worked for me

0 Likes
Options

Thanks Fran, but it's not greyed out yet the predictive text still doesn't work 

0 Likes
Fran36
Journeyman
Options

Oh dear, I don't know what to suggest then.  There have been a lot of posts on here with various suggestions, and the Safe mode was the only one that worked for me.  I hope Samsung might read the posts on this forum and see that so many people have had this problem since the last update, and try to rectify it.  

annandamy
First Poster
Options

This also happened to me after the last update. I'm on S9 and before the update a few weeks ago, the words I used frequently and several times a day were  always available in the predictive text box  (even full sentences sent in a previous text instead of having to use copy and paste) but now I'm having to type them in again everytime. The predictive feature isn't as reliable or accurate as it was. 

0 Likes
Options

This is probably related - the emoji search function has also stopped working. Just says "no results found".

0 Likes
xxlynzyxx
First Poster
Options
This worked for me thanx so much, I've had this problem for a while!!