Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text and auto correct has stopped after June 2020 update on S10.

(Topic created on: 29-06-2020 02:28 PM)
Sunayana
Apprentice
Options

I downloaded the June 2020 update. I have tried to go to Languages ; Samsung keyboard; and the predictive text is greyed out so I cannot turn it on.

I have tried changing keyboards from English UK to English US. No joy. 

Tried findinh the cache - cannot find it but I cleaned my apps. 

Help!!! 

43 REPLIES 43
Samcase13
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much. Been annoying me for days! Managed to follow your instructions and worked. New keyboard looking abit funky, with even suggested emojis 😁

Levans93
Student
Options

Im so glad it worked for you! It was annoying me so much😭🤣

0 Likes
kersh2240
Student
Options

i did all the above but then re-started my phone in safe mode ,you can then access the predictive mode again , it un-greys 

kersh2240
Student
Options
see my post
0 Likes
Fran36
Journeyman
Options
I wanted to thank kersh2240 who suggested I restart the phone in safe mode, which I did, and then the predictive text was not greyed out any more, and i then switched off Safe Mode, and the predictive text is now working. Thank you kersh2240 - i cannot find your actual post to reply to. I had tried everything else that was suggested, and this was the only thing that worked, and was very simple.
0 Likes
Fran36
Journeyman
Options
Thank you kersh2240. I restarted the phone in safe mode, and then the predictive text was not greyed out any more, and i then switched off Safe Mode, and the predictive text is now working. Thank you kersh2240 . I had tried everything else that was suggested, and this was the only thing that worked, and was very simple.
0 Likes
Simmmon
First Poster
Options
It did not work
0 Likes
KazBlue
First Poster
Options

Thank you I have a lowly S9 plus but my keyboard all changed on last update and I didnt like it at all. So happy to have all back to normal thank you :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Sheppy56
First Poster
Options

I’ve got the same problem re the predictive text option being greyed out on my Galaxy S9. When I hold the power off button I don’t see. Safe mode option. Where is it?

0 Likes
Rossmac70
Student
Options

It doesn't work, still greyed out.

0 Likes