Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos

(Topic created on: 07-11-2022 12:27 PM)
presc
Journeyman
Options
Can some tell me if its possible to video the northern lights on samsung galaxy 10 plus I'm going to Iceland soon and what settings I should use in case I see them

Sue
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
mtb26
First Poster
Options
Of course you can the S10+ is equipped with a good camera that is able to shot video.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's worth trying out Pro Video
Get used to changing camera settings to get the right look
Definitely get the best from it then
It should work fine in auto though.
But if you still have time to practice before you go
0 Likes
presc
Journeyman
Options
Thankyou
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Just font use the s20 ultra or s21 as the focus is out on both
0 Likes
presc
Journeyman
Options
Ok thankyou
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I would keep your video to 30 frames per second @presc as 60 would darken your video too much (UHD 30 should work best). I would keep to the main wide angle lens as this performs better in dark conditions than the Ultra Wide lens. Avoid the zoom lenses too. Try taking some pictures in Night Mode also as this will give you better results than when using video. The Ultra wide performs much better in Night Mode pictures but you will have to keep your hands quite still for 6 seconds or so. Pro Video needs time to master but there are some great tutorial videos out there on YouTube showing how to use it and I recommend you try a little experimenting here if you are feeling bold. Expert Raw does the same for pictures but your auto settings on both video and pictures and can do a fine job for you. Good luck and enjoy the lights!.👍
0 Likes
presc
Journeyman
Options
I took a pic of northern lights but it was bright when I looked the pic later it was horrible
0 Likes