Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating and wifi problems s10

(Topic created on: 30-03-2021 07:16 PM)
JadeyLdn21
Apprentice
Options

Since updating to android 11 the phone has been awful in several ways and its gotten to a point this week that it is often so hot it is painful to hold. I've cleared the cache partition, but it hasn't changed. Since the update my WiFi disconnects randomly throughout the day, however is fine on every other device I am using. It has gotten to the point that I mostly leave it turned off as I have unlimited data, however I have things that I can only do over WiFi so it is required. My battery barely lasts, im currently using over 200% a day so I frequently have to charge it, but the phone gets hot when in use not necessarily when charging. The phone was absolutely fine prior to android 11 and I don't know how to fix this.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you clear your system cache? Can you post your battery stats?
0 Likes
JadeyLdn21
Apprentice
Options
Is clearing the system cache different to clearing the cache partition? If it is I haven't and I'm not sure how to do that.

Screenshot_20210330-191408_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's a good tutorial with pics here https://galaxys10userguide.net/wipe-cache-galaxy-s10/
A recent change means your phone must be connected to your PC via USB.
It should help a lot. If not we can dig a bit deeper.
0 Likes
JadeyLdn21
Apprentice
Options
Ok thanks for sending this. Looking at it, this is the method I followed including connecting it by USB (as the existing Samsung troubleshooting still suggests the previous method)
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OK let's look at the battery. In your phone can you go to the same page as the screenshot but tap on it.You should then see a list of apps showing what's eating your battery. I know Chrome is a battery hog and so are various social media apps that aren't yet compatible with Android 11.
0 Likes
JadeyLdn21
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, chrome looks pretty high but only a bit above my normal use today, other days it's about 55%. I am a heavy phone user, but my daily battery use was just over 100% prior to the update

Screenshot_20210330-233535_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can I suggest you try another browser and see if that makes a difference? Mediacell is also a resource hog, I've seen posts about this. I understand why you have the app, though, so you may need to put up with this or at least approach the developer for assistance.
0 Likes
JadeyLdn21
Apprentice
Options
I will try a different browser and to be honest, I will probably be getting rid of the media cell app in the near future, but it just doesn't explain the WiFi difficulties and the overheating. As it seems to be happening for quite a few people I wonder if samsung/android will be doing anything any time soon
0 Likes