Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 3 has destroyed dual sim functionality

(Topic created on: 22-04-2021 06:51 PM)
dotdotdot
Pioneer
Options

Samsung - you have absolutely destroyed the dual sim experience with the one UI 3 update. We can no longer select which sim to call or text from like previously where there were always a button for each sim. I purchased my handset so I could use my work and personal sim (on different networks for extra coverage) and now you've completely ruined it). I live in an area where I have very patchy signal on my personal sim so need to be able to switch between the 2 on an ad-hoc basis. I bought the s10 and pay for a 2nd contract so I can have dual sim functionality. It's become so frustrating I want to switch to Apple, and I swore I'd never do this. Please either: 

1. Fix this so the dual sim feature works as before the update 

2. Make it easy for us to roll back to android 10

3. Fire yourselves for doing a pathetic job

5 REPLIES 5
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
It appears in the notification panel

Screenshot_20210422-202905_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
draper
Journeyman
Options
Hi everybody
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Hi 😊
0 Likes
Members_anVIaqb
First Poster
Options

Can't agree more. An absolute step back.

Moreover, WiFi Calling indicator is no longer shown on the Call / SMS button, which may lead to massive charges when the roaming SIM is used directly.

Jke123
Explorer
Options
You have missed the point being made. Always ask does not rectify the issue.

Prior to this ill thought out update, you were able to simply select line 1 or 2 from 2 icons on the screen.

The extra step to confirm the line means that Android Auto can no longer make ANY calls at all. So I can no longer use the phone while driving unless it is via Bluetooth only and then I am unable to use voice commands as it gets stuck at the select line screen.

The update also affects your ability to use text messaging as the line selection is not clear and even if you find out that you have composed a text using the wrong SIM, when you change to the right one, the entire message is deleted.

For those of us who have personal and business lines on the same phone, it is an absolute nightmare and has actually caused messages to be sent from the wrong line, which has tax and privacy implications.

This issue has been reported all over the globe, but Samsung has just ignored thousands of user requests to rectify the issue (which by the way is a fault).

There are several threads on it in the user forums.
0 Likes