Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

One UI 2 beta... Linux on DeX quits immediately after starting :(

(Topic created on: 15-10-2019 05:26 PM)
userBSLbzYzwaU
Student
Options

I'm on G975FD and also on the beta program for Linux on DeX (1.0.51), it was working rather well before this update and now it just quits immediately with no message whatsoever. I'm not certain which further info there is to provide ;-(

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userBSLbzYzwaU
Student
Options

It was the OneUI 2 beta update that caused it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
DannyT
Options
Hey, @userBSLbzYzwaU.

Was this an update on the LoD (Linux on Dex) or was it an update for the phone itself?

If it was the LoD update did you follow the steps shown on https://www.linuxondex.com/? We've not had any other reports of this so far. If you're still having issues we can walk you through uninstalling the most recent update from the app. Just let us know.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Solution
userBSLbzYzwaU
Student
Options

It was the OneUI 2 beta update that caused it.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Ah yes, using both the Linux Beta and the One UI 2.0 Beta together wouldn't work.

We will have to give them a bit of time.

danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hello everyone,

it seems that Samsung is discontinuing Linux on Dex beta with Android 10 OS One UI 2.0 since subscribed users are receiving an email stating this...

@DannyT can you look into this?

Thank you.

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Hey,

I've not heard anything about this from my end. But I'll certainly chase this up and get some info for you. Could you post a copy of the email you got?

0 Likes
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

This what Linux on DeX beta users got on some days ago...

---------------------

End of Linux on DeX Beta

Thank you for supporting Linux on DeX Beta. The development of Linux on DeX was all thanks to customer interest and valuable feedback. Unfortunately, we are announcing the end of our beta program, and will no longer provide support on future OS and device releases.

NOTE — Linux on DeX will not be supported on Android 10 Beta. Once you update your device to Android OS 10, you will not be able to perform a version rollback to Android Pie. If you decide to update your device to Android 10 Beta, we recommend backing up data before updating.

Thank you,
The Linux on DeX Team

This is an automatically generated message, please do not reply to this email.

--------------------

It is not so clear if they stopped the entire project on only the beta program...

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Thanks for that. I've asked for some more info, so I'll post back on here when I get a response!

Phoenixbyrd
Journeyman
Options
Yea, Samsung killed their best feature out of fear that it would hurt their laptop sales and to focus more on using desktops within desktops through an app to use other apps.
0 Likes
emme2000
Apprentice
Options

It seems crazy to close this project.
For years Samsung has chased and copied other competitors (like Apple etc.), now that it had developed its own real project that could distinguish it with all the others .... has it decided to abandon it ??? It's crazy !!!
Samsung will always remain at the mercy and under the thumb of other competitors and large IT companies: Google (for the mobile operating system like android), Apple (for innovation in the mobile device) and Microsoft (for desktop systems).
Samsung you lost your last and only chance to be a lion and you have decided to be a sheep for life !!!