Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Snooze/hide for a day (One UI 4 Android 12)

(Topic created on: 17-01-2022 01:04 PM)
hhman
Student
Options

Hi,

is it possible to hide a specific notification type for a whole day?

As in: a specific App sends a specific Notification several times a day (even if acted on, there are really new events). Once seen and acted on I don't want to see that again until the next day (or for 24h, both are ok). There's no chance to configure it in the app, so currently I act once and ignore for the rest of the day. Then act again at the first notification of the next day.

The "delay bell" in the notification only goes up to 2 hours.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Have you tried
Settings
Notifications
Do not disturb feature
0 Likes
hhman
Student
Options

If I understand this correctly DnD in scheduled mode would hide all notifications of the app for a programmed time (say: at night). However: also most other notifications.

I don't want to hide all (whatever) notifications and calls except some in a whitelist. I would like to hide or even throw away all notification of only one specific app, after I got one notification.

In other words: behave as normally, but only that specific app has permission to notify only once per day. Or if you prefer: only that specific app goes into DnD mode (hide notifications) not on a scheduled but when I acted on a notification.

Even if I could put only that app on a time schedule (does DnD do this, instead of acting for everything which is not whitelisted? Blacklist mode?) I don't want to do that based on a time schedule - if the schedule is tight maybe I won't get a notification during the, for example, one hour when it is permitted. If the schedule is lax (a whole morning) in those 4-6 hours I could still get a lot of notifications if that happens to be a "many notifications day".

I'd like something which is like "swipe away a notification" with additional "snooze, don't show these anymore for 24 hours". I think after Android 11 this can be done for some notifications but you can snooze them max 2 hours.