Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile data connection after latest update

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 07:20 AM)
MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
My s10e received an update yesterday and can no longer connect to the mobile data network.

I've reset network settings, restored a backup, hard reset, removed the sim, but can't get it you work. 

Obviously this makes the phone borderline useless, can anyone help? Surely it can't just be me? 

Build Number : G970FXXUFHVG4
Android version : S(Android 12)
Release Date : 2022-08-10
Security patch level : 2022-07-01

17 REPLIES 17
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Or if you'd like, you can take it to a phone shop and see what they diagnose the issue as. If you'd prefer to solve it yourself, try factory resetting and if THAT doesn't work, then a phone shop/Samsung Experience Store should aid in resolving the issue. Hope your issue gets fixed! 🙂
MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
Interesting, thanks for your reply.

Have you done a factory reset?
0 Likes
Chrisy Parsnips
Student
Options

Found something that sorted mine! Hopefully it works for you too.

In Settings select General Management. Select Reset. Tap Reset Network Settings.

Mine worked straight away after that but it said you might need to restart if your phone doesn't automatically. 

MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Annoyingly I did try this last night, and I think it's listed as a step to try in the first link posted on this thread, but it didn't work. Just gave it another go and it's worked. Not sure what to make of that, but at least I wasn't alone.

Thank you everyone who replied.
jcg11
Apprentice
Options

My s10e updated last night and I have also lost my mobile data connection, I've tried all the mentioned fixes including wiping the device cache but it has still not recovered. 

0 Likes
MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
Sorry to hear that, but glad it wasn't just me!
Try the 'reset network settings' again as described just above, it didn't work for me at first but did the trick next time.
Make sure you back up your settings to Samsung cloud (or wherever) as you'll lose all your saved WiFi networks. Once you've connected to mobile data or WiFi after that then you can restore the settings.
0 Likes
jcg11
Apprentice
Options

thanks, reset it a second time and now its working as expected, I must have missed that part. 

I also forgot to backup my settings to the cloud before doing so, so they're all gone 😞

they seem to be backed up to google drive, but I have no way of restoring them easily.

0 Likes
mikexpatton
First Poster
Options

After trying a range of things, where nothing worked, I was just about to stamp on my phone! But trying Reset Network Settings worked a treat - thx! 

0 Likes