Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile data connection after latest update

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 05:51 PM)
MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
My s10e received an update yesterday and can no longer connect to the mobile data network.

I've reset network settings, restored a backup, hard reset, removed the sim, but can't get it you work. 

Obviously this makes the phone borderline useless, can anyone help? Surely it can't just be me? 

Build Number : G970FXXUFHVG4
Android version : S(Android 12)
Release Date : 2022-08-10
Security patch level : 2022-07-01

17 REPLIES 17
MubiN96
Explorer
Options
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Factory reset it then
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
My s10 updated yesterday... so far no problem's at all
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MFP4073: Is the issue occurring in all locations, or just certain ones? If you head to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Network mode > 4G/3G/2G (auto connect), this should connect to the strongest available signal in your area. If this is already enabled, try out some of the other options to see if you notice an improvement. You may also wish to reach out to your network provider to enquire about any issues with your account, or with the service in your area. 

MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
Done all those steps bar factory reset. I'll do that as a last resort.
MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
Definitely not location related, it's the same thing irrespective of where you are.
I'm certain it's related to the update, phone totally fine, update delivered, phone not fine. Occam's razor.
MubiN96
Explorer
Options
Let's hope it gets fixed
Chrisy Parsnips
Student
Options

I have an s10e that also has this problem after the update. Nothing I've tried has solved it

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I'm afraid since you tried the above and then some, you are right in resorting to a factory reset now, as there is possibly nothing else you can do to resolve this issue 😔.
Just make sure your data is backed up with SmartSwitch & Samsung Cloud (& Google if you want), before factory resetting. Hope this helps! 🙂
0 Likes