Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPDATE

(Topic created on: 13-11-2022 06:41 AM)
Ms_D
Explorer
Options
Albeit I know I'm due for an upgrade, but is this a way of forcing one..? If so you really are on the berge of losing a loyal customer. 

Why is it that since the new update some of my apps aren't working..?

To get them to work I have to restart my phone. This is getting tedious now and, after being with Samsung for 20+ years, I'm now on the fence about changing. 

#S10 #upgrade #switch #frustrated
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No one is forcing you, you want to leave, then go ahead

I don't t speak for Samsung
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
You can flash a update from the Sammobile.com site but it's risky, can nack up your phone if it goes wrong.
malk20426
Pathfinder
Options
Buy an up to date phone.
AndrewL
Options

@Ms_D: I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Galaxy S10. Which apps in particular are you experiencing problems with? Have you tried checking the Google Play Store and Galaxy Store for any available updates for the affected apps, to see if this helps? Furthermore, try heading to Settings > Apps > Select an app > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache, to see if you notice an improvement. 

0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
20+ years and using an old S10🥲
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@keith30  The OP  seems to have the latest update for their device,this will be a security one.  The S10 though will not be eligible for Android 13.

@Ms_D  In addition to the advice given it is advisable to wipe the cache partition after updates Follow these steps if not completed recently:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

There is also the Repair apps option from the same Recovery Menu.

Hopefully you will find a solution, however you may wish to consider an upgrade at some point and I would hope you would consider the latest Samsung devices.  

Your current device is currently due to  stop receiving security updates at some point next year,so bear that in mind. https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-galaxy-s10updates 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ms_D
Explorer
Options
@AndrewL some of these comments I won't even address, but Andrew I've tried all that and it is a problem with the recent update. I'm not the only one with the problem.
0 Likes
Ms_D
Explorer
Options
@JAMES4578 Thank you so much for this. I will try it and the only reason I didn't get a new device is because there was nothing wrong with this one, until now. I'll try what you said, and again, thank you...🙏🏾🙏🏾
0 Likes