Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New S10 Battery Health 88%

(Topic created on: 01-08-2021 12:04 PM)
rearwindow
First Poster
Options

I have a new S10 (7 days old). It is a replacement for a 3.5 year old S7, and it is very nice.

I have just one gripe. I installed AccuBattery on day 1. This is telling me from day 1 my battery health was 88%. After 7 days it is now telling me 87%. AccuBattery rates the design capacity at 3300mah (minimum capacity from new) and not the advertised 3400mah. The current estimated capacity is 2877mah (which is 87% of 3300mah).

That is pretty disappointing. My 3.5 year old S7 has an estimated 80% battery health. And that phone has led a full life.

I wondering if this is a warranty issue.

Regards, Ian

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
1. Is the phone brand new or has it had its battery replaced?
2. Accubattery shouldn't really be trusted as there is no way of finding the actual battery health without root access.
3. If the S10 is not Brand New or hasn't has its battery replaced, then dont worry about the battery health as the battery will most likely be degraded from 2.5 years of previous usage from when it was bought Brand New from Samsung.
0 Likes
rearwindow
First Poster
Options

Hi Aparmar,

The phone is supposed to be brand new. It looked brand new when I received it. All perfectly boxed and sealed. The battery charge was about 50% when unboxed.

I did an IMEI check and that says manufactured in may-2019 which makes perfect sense. IMEI check also says carrier is EE, which is how the phone was advertised. I think the phone is unlocked, but I am on EE anyway. It looks like it is old unsold EE stock that has been moved on to a reseller. One of the main reasons for buying is that it is the last galaxy S phone with a headphone jack.

I could go back to the seller and ask for a replacement, but wanted to hear some opinions first. It is a very nice phone, and there are not that many in new condition still around.

Regards, Ian 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S10 hasn't been manufactured for some time so anything which is brand new is unsold old stock. Trying to find a more recently manufactured device is going to be tough.
Barrie1
Navigator
Options
I have just received my Galaxy s10,I also bought an external battery case for it
0 Likes