Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new bug since last week. screen flickers and rotates

(Topic created on: 15-12-2021 12:28 AM)
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
so maybe its just mine. I have a samsung s10. since grabbing the new update my phone keeps being weird. if in landscape ie in a game the screen will flicker and partially rotate before stopping and retunring to landscape, if watching a video in a browser when the glitch happens it auto launches the home screen and the vid appears in a pop up box. but when in portrait mode in app it just flickers and momentarily becomes frozen. from what I can tell, something is trying to launch or act and instantly stops. but whatever it is it reboots game launcher etc... however it doesn't reboot more reliable assistant apps like macrodroid.
 I've unstalled all recently added apps. 
I've used logcat extreme. however that showed so much that i could make heads of it. however it looks like something tried sharing something to tiktok but was rejected. (uninstalled tiktok last month) and some mention of denied access to cocktail bar service which I understand is to do with notifications. 
25 REPLIES 25
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
okay so now I'm stumped. i did every app store test and they all came back perfect. then i did *#0*# and it failed the gyroscope test. then i re did it on a flat surface and it passed. is it ment to be done on a flat surface? or should it always pass regardless of how the device is positioned?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To check the gyroscope is working tilt the phone during the test.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
ah so it failed because it wasn't flat but then told me to not move and re test and it passed. yeah all looks like it should. I'm stumped. all of this happened after the update. and I can only assume something is conflicting
0 Likes
Zzzz4555938th
First Poster
Options

Any joy yet I have been having the same issue since the beginning of December roughly at the same time of upgrading S10+ aswell if that solution is not working I'm going to head I to the store will update on findings

0 Likes
Zzzz4555938th
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with the s10+ I'm going to go into a Samsung store on Friday as it seems the solution doesn't work

0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
nope not a clue but on xda someone had the same issue. they fixed it by doing a full wipe and reinstall. and flashing with odin. and the first time it didn't work the 2nd time they did it with a nand erase. I'm not 100% but im pretty sure this requires root and viod of warranty. unfortunately for me my warranty expired on the 1st of December... smh. planned obsolescence to its finest. especially when they mentioned on xda its a glitch from samsungs update.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
unfortunately my nearest store is 2 hours from me. and as mentioned above my warranty expired just the other week. however if its definitely software and i did just get it repaired via samsung last month so i believe its under an extended warranty. well i guess ill see. but fml i dont want to be without my phone for another week to send it off. then again tbh samsung has amazing after care service compared to other companies. i give them a hard time but as a whole. id still buy again.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
could you update if you find a fix or they manage please?
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
oh just a random thought have you recently been playing a game called just kill me 3 by chance?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is no need for root access to flash firmware. Knox stays intact,too. It's just that we can't discuss such things here.
0 Likes