Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new bug since last week. screen flickers and rotates

(Topic created on: 14-12-2021 10:44 PM)
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
so maybe its just mine. I have a samsung s10. since grabbing the new update my phone keeps being weird. if in landscape ie in a game the screen will flicker and partially rotate before stopping and retunring to landscape, if watching a video in a browser when the glitch happens it auto launches the home screen and the vid appears in a pop up box. but when in portrait mode in app it just flickers and momentarily becomes frozen. from what I can tell, something is trying to launch or act and instantly stops. but whatever it is it reboots game launcher etc... however it doesn't reboot more reliable assistant apps like macrodroid.
 I've unstalled all recently added apps. 
I've used logcat extreme. however that showed so much that i could make heads of it. however it looks like something tried sharing something to tiktok but was rejected. (uninstalled tiktok last month) and some mention of denied access to cocktail bar service which I understand is to do with notifications. 
25 REPLIES 25
AndrewL
Options

@Josh50052: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. To troubleshoot, please press the Volume Down and Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the S10 restarts, as this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be a contributing factor. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. Now, head to Settings > Apps > Select an app you've encountered issues with > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache. To check for any malware or suspicious activity, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Optimise Now, followed by Device Protection > Scan Now. 

If the problem(s) persist, please send us an Error Report with accompanying System Data Logs so our team of experts can look into this further for you. To do this, please head to the Members app > Get help > Error report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of experiencing the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. 

GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Try to soft reset like the the @AndrewL moderator said. Or try Safe Mode. Hold Power off button for 2 sec and Safe Mode will appear. Press on it and device will restart to Safe mode to resolve problems.Screenshot_20211214-210005_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
yes I'd already tried this. but thanks ps it's volume down when the phone reboots to enable safe mode on s10.
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
cheers Andrew. none of that worked. I've submitted recordings and they now have the logs. will samsung reply once they figure it out or will they just quietly patch it and hope they do soon?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I gave my wife my S10. She hasn't complained of any issues and I've only used it for a few minutes. I can't get my hands on it but will give it a workout and report back.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
cheers I mean mines been fine for the past 2 years. it's only this week that this has been happening its sometimes every couple mins. the key board even collapses just typing this.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm wondering if you have a failing gyroscopic sensor. If the phone lets you try the Get Help tab on the app and carry out some diagnostics. You could also try running it in safe mode. If it works OK in safe mode it means an app is the problem. Be aware that safe mode only allows use of factory installed apps.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
ah so what i did notice was that samsungs game booster was re setting . so i immediately assumed it was the culprit. but then i realised it was resetting because it was stopped too. this whatever it is is closing my keyboard etc... its not closing samsung apps though ie system ones. its almost like its launching the launcher. but being stopped. i think something is trying to push notifications and my phone is stopping it
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
okay so I've tried safe mode. the issue still persisted in safe mode . also did a full device test . although there isn't a gyro test in there.
0 Likes