Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My trade in phone against an S10 plus. What is the minimum requirement??

(Topic created on: 02-03-2019 09:40 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi guys.  I am eagerly awaiting my S10 plus next week and trading in an S8 plus against the new phone.

My question is regarding what is required to be sent back as a minimum to receive the correct trade in ?  

I can't seem to find the box (although it is somewhere around)... I think the headphones have gone AWOL recently as well... and it would be really useful to keep hold of the Samsung charger and usb-c cable. 

Do Samsung need anymore than purely the phone, or do they expect the sales packaging and all accessories that are available ?

Anyone had any experience of trade in ... that can offer some advice ? 

Thanks

Smiley :smiling-face:

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

This attached screenshot shows the t&c... but the wording is not exactly straight forward...

What I don't want to do is to be in a situation where the trade in is refused or subject to additional costs... because I didn't find the box... or lack of accessories.  

SmartSelect_20190302-212756_Drive.jpg

- Smiley

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@smiley: The terms and conditions state that you should provide the box and any of the original accessories 'to the extent possible' therefore if you don't have access to the box then you are still fine to proceed with the trade in offer. I recommend returning the USB-C cable and plug adapter if you can, as Samsung always suggest that customers use the charger intended for the specific phone model.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks AndrewL

I will keep hunting for at least the box... and will probably also send the charger back, although it is always useful for a spare higher power quick charge adaptor for use at work etc...

I can't see that reusing this s8 charger on a newer model would be any worse than buying an aftermarket anker QC3.0 charger or equivalent... although I will intend to use the new s10 charger as my main home charger regardless.

Just to ensure there are no problems with the trade in I guess i will just send everything that I .can find back.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience or any problems with trade in... or have sent a minimal shipment consisting of just the phone and not had any problems in the past ?

Time is getting close now... looking forward to this weekend's delivery !

Kind regards
Smiley

- Smiley

0 Likes